garzajd3

Camera mounted on wall for watching panel

Hello again.

I'm looking for a "dome" type camera that I can mount on a wall indoors to look at a instrument panel. Basically I was thinking about mounting about 5 feet off the ground on the verticle wall. I need a lens probably like 2.5mm because the area width I'm trying to see is about 6 feet and the camera will be about 5 feet away (directly across on the wall).

These panels have colored lights and switches on them. I would like to be able to atleast see where the switch is set (left or right) and tell if the light is on or not.

I installed a normal done on the ceiling, this is good to see someone actually making changes but does nothing for seeing where the switches are left and to verify if the switch light is on or not.

I think I saw a pelco cam out there that was used for something similar to this, but I dont believe it was a dome. Any camera ideals for me???

Thanks

use a axis 213.................tried everything you have and finally spent the money on a decent solution.

Attached is a pic.

As for the Axis 213, I'm not against using a PTZ but it would half to be small because I basically need this thing mounted about 5 feet off the ground on a wall. So this is going to put it out there for anyone to bump into. Which is why I thought an enclosed dome would be perfect - sleek and sturdy.

As for the Ganz dome's I've used them in the past as well. What I would like to know if you have used one that can cover this wide of shot and produce almost readable images. I would hate to mount a camera on the wall only to find that the image is no better then what I get now.

Thanks

panel.JPG.e9fa3572abcd25df03c80fa29c22485f.JPG

What type of camera are you using now?

the Ganz indoor dome would be a good image, but the width ..

you want a dome with a wide enough lens, and check the pixels are:

811x506 (NTSC)

Thanks for the input. I have used the Ganz block cameras in the past. My problem isnt so much the camera, as it is the client expecting high def images from it. Because of the setup the analog cameras all run through a video server so I can grab the data off of a network.

I ended up using a so/so indoor PTZ (hawking HNC800PTZ) to do the job. Its not as nice as say a sony RZ-30, but the price is right. All I need to do is set some presets with the correct zoom and coordinates, and show the user how to switch between them. As this was not a security issue but rather a virtual telecommute the camera will work fine. Thank you all for your input and time.

PTZ is a good idea, you can even get small ones now that will be cheaper but if you customer allows it, buy a standard dome and mount it close to the device on a pendant style drop mount, sure it willlook ugly but you will get the result, another option although I hate to suggest it is the Samsung zoom cam, it is full body and comes with a 485 control unit, you could have it backed out in normal mode to see the panel and more without detail and then use the hand controller at the end of the run to control it and zoom in to get the identification that you want.