Can any one tell me if the quality of the video card installed in a PC has any effect on the video quality of the Geovision card?

Basically I have a couple of camera's that look great when they are connected directly to a monitor. When I connect the same camera to my Geovision card they get grainy and a little blurry.

Any ideas??

it effects the viewing quality, but not the recording. The monitor used and native resolutions also make a big viewing difference, when teamed up with certain video cards.

which GV model is it?

Also whats the PC Specs?

Edited by Guest

That was what I figured. Thanks for the quick reply and the good information.

With that in mind if I was to record video on the DVR and take the video to another PC would there be the potential that it could look better?

What are the more popular video cards that seem to be used that provide good quality viewing?

Yes certainly. The type of monitor also makes a difference.

My new PC has i think a new ATI 256 while my old one has a 3rd party ATI 128, the new one is much clearer.

this is how i have a system configured here, the LCD is nice but the CCTV monitor is much better for live and playback quality.

pc_setup_example.jpg

Nice diagram!

Is the "DSP" connection from the DVR to the CCTV monitor part of the ATI card or a separate interface within the DSP? If it is separate where would I find such a device?

Thanks!

thanks, the nice thing is the IR remote controls everything (except switching inputs on the CCTV Monitor)

The DSP is included on the Geo Combo Cards, or purchased seperately for the other cards as a 8 or 16 channel PCI Card. It has an RCA output. Though from their web site, it looks as though they have discontinued the seperate DSP card. Not sure if that is just a version 8 issue or they simply dont sell them anymore. Online Retailers are still selling them though.

Geovision DSP-8 Real Time Display Card

Geovision DSP-16 Real Time Display Card