RoSi

how LAN port on DVR works please ?

hello,

i want to buy a DVR which have a LAN port.

my question is, how can i use this port, after TCP/IP settings ? do i need i special software to access a video files on DVR ? or is visible as a network drive ?

the machie which i want to buy is : http://www.s3products.com/products/dvr-16.asp what do you think about it ?

thanks for any replies ....

that does not look like a very good dvr. I am not sure those guys even know what those guys even know what the heck they are talking about. How does 120G hard drive decide their "tru real time recording"? I would have to so that one is probably a bad choice.

You get what you pay for.

If you go cheap your going to get cheap.

What is "16.7 million pixels color " and "Remote back up VCR" supposed to mean. All I am trying to say is, you could probably pick up a little better and proven DVR for a little more $.

As far as accessing the machine on your LAN, it all depends on the DVR. If it supports IE then after you network settings are complete (port forwarding, etc.), you can type the local IP address in IE and go through it that way. Viewing the hard drive as a network drive probably cannot be accomplished by that DVR. Most likely to retrieve data/video, you will have to connect to the DVR via LAN/WAN and download the clips from there.