Sign in to follow this  
oxonian

Security system recommendation for senior citizens

Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing well, this is a great forum.

I know this is my first post, but I need some help. I promise to reciprocate shortly.

I recently purchased an home with acreage in the Houston, TX area. My parents will be the primary residents, as I need to relocate internationally for construction work.

The distance between the house and the main gate, which is just a short 4ft gate, is 250ft.

There is also about 9 acres of land around the house, in which some sections have thick vegetation, trees, etc.

The area does get pretty dark at night.

The entire property is in a rectangular plot of land.

Can someone please suggest a setup for:

1) Monitoring the gate, I would like to be able to see outside the gate, especially at dark.

2) Monitoring the house

3) Monitoring around the house, e.g. the backyard connected to the house

4) Monitoring the stable - which is about 250ft to the left of the house

5) Does anyone have suggestions on motion sensors?

6) Any recommendation on where to buy the hardware?

7) Any recommendation on an installer in the Houston area?

If possible, is there any way to monitor a wider view of the acreage, so we know if there is any threat in the proximity of the house?

I would like a good to excellent system, I have read about the two popular brands on here.

Can anyone please help me? I am willing to donate to a charity or to the upkeep of this site, in return for my urgent request, and lack of contribution to the forum thus far.

Thank you so much,

Oxonian

Thank you mattaggie.

I am looking to educate myself on the various options, before I reach out to a security company, so I can be well informed when purchasing.

I appreciate your reply though, I was hoping someone would reply!

Oxonian

There are just so many factors and its hard to know what you need without actually seeing the property. You really need someone knowledgeable to go out to the property and see what you need. Just find a reputable company. They will supply the hardware and deal with any issues that arise after installation. You can read through these forums to gain more understanding. Really the hardest part is running the wires. Also motion detection outdoors can be tricky because so many things can cause motion like trees blowing in the wind. Everything you mention is do-able, its all in getting the right camera for each purpose.