Sign in to follow this  
lortech

Designing a system for a house here is what I want it to do

The system will have a minimum of two cameras. I will recommend the cameras be dome style mounted horizontally. The cameras will be mounted on the corner of the driveway, 10 feet away from the street. It will be 10 feet high on a pole aimed at between 270-280 degrees at the cars packed behind the 15 foot call hedges. I want to also have a motion activated flood lamp "some on amazon are 60.00" to light up the parking lot when there is motion. The cameras are located 7 feet away and 15 feet away. The cameras will be powered by cat5 cable that will run down the existing electrical conduit "non energized wire not used" of a old light stand base. The pole is missing. So going to quote for a new pole. The objective is to get as much detail on any suspects face up to 20 feet away. So if the cars are illuminated by a flood map "what would be the expected lumins of the lamp to get facial features" or strong cctv IR illuminators? The other camera will aim in the opposite direction so it can get the suspect car licence plate at night or day driving down the street in front of our house. We are on a dead end street, so car traffic is very minimal. Like to record up to a weeks worth of vidio traffic to the nvr. The "zone" will record when motions is detected. If the remote viewing software has a audible alert that is helps to notify us if motion is captured on the camera when we are not looking at the display. The house is wired with cat5 cable. The conduit leading from the driveway where I will feed cat5 cable also has a non energized 115 pair of wires in it. those wires will not be used. So I want to run the cat5 cable from the light stand conduit into the garage plastic conduit. Cut the conduit put a T in it then pull the cat5 cable out of it and terminate it to a bisket box. If the house cat5 cable is also led into the garage, then want to bridge it with a patch cable to the wall data jack. The cat5 cable leads from the house into the laundry where it is patched on a switch. The dvr will be located at the patch panel.

So the object is what camera is needed to get nice facial details at 30 feet at night? IT rains here ALOT so that may affect image quality.

Your challenge is going to be getting faces and license plates at night. You are wanting very wide angle views, but that takes away from the detail. Think 3 million pixels in a wide view vs 3 million pixels in a narrow view. To get license plates at night, you'll need LPR camera pointed at a specific spot. The headlights will make the plate unreadable to normal cameras. Also be aware that when it rains, your camera is going to detect motion. There are ways to adjust the settings so that it doesn't detect on rain, but this does affect sensitivity and so potentially it may not record something you did want recorded. You'll just have to play around with lenses, settings, angles, etc to get it like you want.