Sign in to follow this  
red-wolf

Dahua tribrid HDCVI DVR audio input connections ?

I am very interested in purchasing a Dahua Tribrid DVR. The ability to reuse some existing analog cameras and try the newer CVI type of cameras and IP cameras to boot.

I noticed that there are generally 1 audio input and at the most 4 audio inputs on the Tribrid DVR's.

I need to have audio with video on my system. I looked at the setup for a few models and there is an internal and audio input option for each camera. I can not find a HDCVI camera with built in mic except for PTZ models. If you can port audio inputs to multiple channels that would work but I can not verify if that is possible, eg. audio input 1 connects to channel 1 and 2 audio input 2 connects to channel 3 and 4 and different variations.

also can someone give an explanation of "reuse audio in and out " for 2 way comms

thanks in advance.

One audio channel can only be used with one video channel.

There are some HDCVI cameras with integrated audio, and some with audio input. Even if the unit only has 4 RCA inputs, if it is 8 or 16 channels, you would be able to use 8/16 HDCVI cameras with integrated audio (that is, that the audio also goes over the coaxial cable).

So then:

audio input 1 is dedicated to channel 1

audio input 2 is dedicated to channel 2

audio input 3 is dedicated to channel 3

audio input 4 is dedicated to channel 4

for someone that has a need to have audio and video for all channels it makes it very hard to find

a product to fullfill those requirements. Geovision was able to give you 16 audio channels on a PCI crd using a 15 pin pig tail adapter.

It really would not be a problem if HDCVI cameras were EASILY available with built in microphone.

Perhaps that will change in the near future.

If you want more audio channels, you will have to either use many 4 video+4 audio units, or go for the higher range units. You do have units with 16ch audio, like HCVR7816.

Thank you for that info on the all audio inputs unit 7816 .

It would be more cost effective to purchase a 8 channel unit with 4 audio inputs.

that way i could reuse 4 non CVI cameras with audio and 2 IP cameras with built in MIC.

and wait to see if I can find a relatively inexpensive CVI camera that has built in MIC.

I find it rather odd that built in mic on CVI cameras are almost impossible to find.

Has anyone seen any CVI with MIC built in ?