g35 mass

Swann POE & OSD access and other questions

I have installed a Swann POE system from Sams and I'm pretty happy so far.

I want to tweak some settings which I believe are only accessible through the OSD by directly accessing the camera through a router, temporarily taking it off of the NVR.

Do I need to purchase a POE "injector" to power up the camera ? My router doesn't have POE capabilities.

My second but associated question - I am having issues with motion detection at night. It triggers and records all night and has very sensitive trigger limits during the day, even though I have the sensitivity set to 1. Any suggestions ? I have set the detection area very small (just grass, door that hadn't moved) but it's still triggering a lot.

Also I'd like to use a better software for my Mac other than the Swanview because I generally don't have access to the NVR and would like to be able to replay in high speed to find events that occur, etc. I can't get iVMS to find the NVR. What are my options ?

Thanks

You will need a POE injector. with no POE there is no power.

sometimes a sensitivity of one is the most sensitive setting. try going the other way. the saved data should archive after a period of time. when it does it will only retain video with motion. look past 7 days for history.

Hope it helps.

You will need a POE injector. with no POE there is no power.

sometimes a sensitivity of one is the most sensitive setting. try going the other way. the saved data should archive after a period of time. when it does it will only retain video with motion. look past 7 days for history.

Hope it helps.

Great idea. I'll give that a shot.

My NVR is set to only record motion. I would love to have a 7 day 24/7 loop with archived motion, but I'm not sure if the firmware allows it.