techguy817

Guidance for a new camera system

Hi all,

Finally looking to install a camera system for my home and need some suggestions/assistance. I have a Synology DS612+ NAS with 10TB+ of redundant storage so I'd like to use that along with IP cameras (as opposed to other standards). I planned for about 6 cameras (all outdoors) and was thinking 3 fixed and 3 vari-focal (possibly 1 PTZ as well). I've talked with some dealers in the area and one has KT&C cameras (http://www.ktncusa.com/) and said they were just like HikVision and would work with Synology (though I didn't see it on the Synology compatibility list). Here are my questions:

- Does anyone know if KT&C cameras are compatible with Synology?

- Can you recommend some good options for fixed, vari-focal and PTZ cameras that are dome style?

- Any recommendations for a good POE switch to use?

- Any South Florida installers that could be recommended to do the CAT6 cable runs and possibly camera hookups as well (I can do the configuration and camera hookups if needed. Most dealers don't seem to want to work with IP-cameras and/or systems that are not theirs such as Synology)? I have the CAT6 cabling.

- Any other tips?

Thanks in advance! There are quite a bit of options out there and would greatly appreciate any assistance.