Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Firmware for DS-7208HQHI

Just got my DS-7208 setup and have found an annoying limitation, so before i go any further, i want to check i have the latest firmware.

The Hikvision FW page:

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89_p2.html#prettyPhoto

Lists 2 versions... 3.1.6 Build 150427 and 3.3.2 Build 151123

Clearly 3.3.2 is newer.. But both updates show the same changes/fixes/features.

Anyone know which version i should use? And whether there is anything newer.

Jon

Hi. Before you do a update it's important to say where you got your recorder from ...... Did you buy from China ?

Nope.. From Manchester.. But there is no guarantee they didnt get it from China..

But they are a reputible seller, so i would be surprised.. Will update the Firmware and see how it goes.

Hopefully it "fixes" the issue i have, if not i will make a post as, its possible this is just a feature/option i am overlooking.

Hi. Before you do a update it's important to say where you got your recorder from ...... Did you buy from China ?

Nope.. From Manchester.. But there is no guarantee they didnt get it from China..

But they are a reputible seller, so i would be surprised.. Will update the Firmware and see how it goes.

Hopefully it "fixes" the issue i have, if not i will make a post as, its possible this is just a feature/option i am overlooking.

Reputible seller would not send you a 2014 fw unit that why I asked.

Before you do any FW what problems are you having.

Europe units have a patch on over a 1.500 recall of the DS7208

And this patch must be done BEFORE a fw update

Reputible seller would not send you a 2014 fw unit that why I asked.

Before you do any FW what problems are you having.

Europe units have a patch on over a 1.500 recall of the DS7208

And this patch must be done BEFORE a fw update

Who said they sent me one with 2014 Firmware? Mine is 3.3.1.. Oct 2015. I would obviously like the latest FW, but are you suggesting i cant simply download 3.3.2 from their Overseas site and update?

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/DS-7100%207200%207300%208100%209100HGHI%20HQHI/V3.3.2%20build%20151123%20Multi-lingual/

I am almost sure my "issue" is not going to,be fixed in the update and will make another post with my question/observation.

Box rebooted today.. Oddly, as I was stood right in front of it... Then when it came back up, it crashed again 2 mins later..

So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 3.1.2 and it worked without any problems...

I just downloaded it from here and did the upgrade procedure

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/DS-7100%207200%207300%208100%209100HGHI%20HQHI/V3.3.2%20build%20151123%20Multi-lingual/

Now I have to monitor the box to get an idea of why it crashed.. Its been stable since, but its going to take a while to restore my faith in it.

Jon