benallgood

Warehouse Yard and Gates

I need to decide what type of cameras to place in a couple of locations. The gate marked at 110 ft from it's red marker could get a fixed cam, but I was trying to stay with the same model of cams. I was looking at varifocal bullets or domes like the Dahua ipc-hfw2300r-z or ipc-hdbw2300r-z. Those cameras aren't going to give me facial id at the 110ft distant gate or across the yard. The areas are pretty well lit at night except for the distant yard. Any recommendations on cameras for these locations or different camera models altogether. I have to place about 32 cameras in different locations inside bay doors and around these buildings. guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=0gGKW8oXeGFIExB91aK3fy6FVdZ37C283R52RfBn0SU%3d&docid=0bccdf5df9ccf48bba6b88c2b0adcf7e0

I think if you got a camera with a 12mm lens option, that would suffice. If you have to get excellent, up close view of gate, you'll probably need to get a speed dome camera than can do 20x zooming. Remember there is a trade off when zooming in. You get quality picture, but only in one small spot. You miss coverage in the area around the gate (unless you put in another camera with a wide angle of view). Personally I use Geovision cameras, but there are so many camera brands out there its mind boggling.

Is your reasoning for good view of the gate for people/ vehicles coming in during the day or breaking in at night? If its for vehicles coming through, you may consider a license plate camera.

I think if you got a camera with a 12mm lens option, that would suffice. If you have to get excellent, up close view of gate, you'll probably need to get a speed dome camera than can do 20x zooming. Remember there is a trade off when zooming in. You get quality picture, but only in one small spot. You miss coverage in the area around the gate (unless you put in another camera with a wide angle of view). Personally I use Geovision cameras, but there are so many camera brands out there its mind boggling.

Is your reasoning for good view of the gate for people/ vehicles coming in during the day or breaking in at night? If its for vehicles coming through, you may consider a license plate camera.

I'd like to get a good view of someone entering the gate during the daytime, but also what material is being loaded in the yards. Also, if someone broke in during the night, I'd like to be able to identify them. I was hoping to not resort to using a ptz, but it may be my only option if I want to see what is being loaded, especially in the yard to the back left of the buildings. Something along the lines of a Dahua SD6A230-HNI was what I was thinking.

Use 2 cameras, 12mm for the gate and 4MM for the yard, at each location.

Thanks. I'll test a 12mm at the gate to see if it gives us the detail we need. I was thinking I would need at least 16mm from that distance, but then I wouldn't see the entire gate from end to end I don't think. A ptz and motion tracking would be fine, but I'd rather not go that route if I don't have to.