mtorres

Avermedia New Version 5.7 Hybrid Averdvr (H264) Question

MILPITAS, CA - (April 24, 2006) – AVerMedia® Technologies, Inc., the leading provider of digital multimedia and presentation technology announced today the release of the new version 5.7 Hybrid AVerDVR Digital Video Surveillance application. The new version5.7 Hybrid application is the next generation update to the previous version 5.5 application which effectively created a DVR & NVR hybrid environment for the NV series surveillance DVR solutions allowing for the integration of both analog and IP cameras.

Highlights of the V5.7 update include video encryption selectively scrambles video channels so they cannot be accessed remotely (internet or handheld) without going through additional layers of password protection. Also, the V5.7 application uses the latest industry standard H.264 compression to significantly reduce the amount of disk space needed for recordings, and video can be written directly to a DVD/CD. The updated Hybrid solution is also tightly integrated with the new AVerDVR CM1000 Central Monitoring System to be announced on Wednesday, April 27.

The new V5.7 Hybrid applications maintain the previous capabilities of the V5.5 series by combining a Digital Video Recorder with a Network Video Recorder solution while adding advanced, yet easy-to-use features. Functions include D1 (720 x 480) resolution supported for the NV3000 and NV5000 solutions, PTZ preset point alarm support, SMS/MMS alarm support, and playback by search and bookmark.

The application also allows the user to back-up video segments of less than one hour, includes relay control for both the server and remote access controlled by an updated user interface as well as a new compact interface mode.

“The new V5.7 Hybrid application for the NV series adds even more flexibility and functionality to the Hybrid solutions,â€

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some questions:

* Does this card (NV300, NV500) support H264 remote monitoring? or it is just for recording.

* I need advice how to configure (tweaking) this card to get the best image posible with a low badwidth internet connection. (512 downstream, 128 upstream).

By the way, have some great features this version.

Thanks in Advance..

Miguel Torres.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer:

For question 1 Yes, it supports the H.264 remote monitoring.

For question 2 we have a new feature on the network setting page which could set the the network bandwidth limit.Thus our NV DVR will not occupy all of your network bandwidth and could share reasonable amount of bandwidth with other PCs in same LAN.

The network setting is depending on the channels and the main card you have installed. kindly provide me your hardware spec and how many main cards and extension cards you connected.

Kindly provide above information to us so that we could provide our suggestion on this.

Hi wendy

Question 3 - Do you provide an SDK or ActiveX Control with public functions for creating a customized GUI? Or could you direct me to a browser demo so I can check it out?

Thanks

Rory

Hi wendy

Question 3 - Do you provide an SDK or ActiveX Control with public functions for creating a customized GUI? Or could you direct me to a browser demo so I can check it out?

Thanks

Rory

Hi Rory:

For the question 3 the answer is no we do not provide SDK or ActiveX control for customer to customerize GUI.

But I am not for sure what do you mean by direct you to a browser demo to check it out?you mean for SDK or for NV 5.7?

Basically i normally can just use the ActiveX which is downloaded for the Browser Based apps, to create my own GUI. I have done so with I-View, Eclipse (Digiflower), and GeoVision (being the latest version), even GE Kalatel Stand Alone DVRs (first generation). See my website for the LiveVue software page as an example.

What I would like to do eventually is have the one program for multiple DVRs, as well as multi site and also, be able to stream IP cameras. .. Ive got the code for the Eclipse, Iview and ofcourse GeoVision, all using the ActiveX only (no SDK), geo's being the most flexible of all of them. Id ofcourse need to buy an Card to actually develop for it, but just curious if there is at least an ActiveX Control via the web browser?

Thanks

Rory

I cant believe they dont provide an sdk ??

Rory Im pretty sure you can view avermedia thru firefox/mozila but not having actually tested the unit cant say for sure and if that is the case itll be more than likely java or some such for the web view, correct me if Im wrong Wendy please.

Regards

Keith

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your support.

I have a computer with one NV3000 card (4 channels), I have a slow DSL internet connection (128 kbps upstream). At the office we have 2 internet connections, one is used for dvr upstream and the second one (dsl 512 kbps downstream) for monitoring. I set the badwidth limit to 62 kbps and to 128 kbps using H264 but remote monitoring looks slow compared to another card using MPEG4 and same internet access.

Thanks for your help.

Miguel Torres.

I have some questions:

* Does this card (NV300, NV500) support H264 remote monitoring? or it is just for recording.

* I need advice how to configure (tweaking) this card to get the best image posible with a low badwidth internet connection. (512 downstream, 128 upstream).

By the way, have some great features this version.

Thanks in Advance..

Miguel Torres.

Dear Customer:

For question 1 Yes, it supports the H.264 remote monitoring.

For question 2 we have a new feature on the network setting page which could set the the network bandwidth limit.Thus our NV DVR will not occupy all of your network bandwidth and could share reasonable amount of bandwidth with other PCs in same LAN.

The network setting is depending on the channels and the main card you have installed. kindly provide me your hardware spec and how many main cards and extension cards you connected.

Kindly provide above information to us so that we could provide our suggestion on this.