LochHaggis

Exacq VMS and Bosch cameras - compatibility problems?

Wondering if anyone has encountered something similar to the following with Bosch NDC-455 and NDN-498 cameras on Exacq. The Exacq site claims that with Bosch firmware rev 5.70 these cameras passed testing, and that is what our cameras are running.

We've had the Bosch cameras connected to Exacq for quite some time, a couple of years now. These cameras were originally on a BVMS deployment we had, but then we changed vendors. There appeared to be no problems, as the cameras were all online and features such as motion recording worked. Now, suddenly, SOME of the cameras remain in "Connecting" status on Exacq, but the cameras are all online - they can be pinged, and can be viewed on a Web browser. No configuration changes were made at all.

The only thing that seems to work to bring them back "online" according to Exacq, is to add in a second stream. The additional stream is connected and the camera view is there, but now there is less functionality, such as a lack of motion recording (expected). This causes the camera to need to be set in Free Run so it continuously records 24/7 and puts a burden on storage space.

Other than pulling in a second stream, I've tried to re-enter admin credentials, deleting the camera from Exacq and re-adding it, and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the camera, but with little success. My next course of action is to perform a factory reset on the Bosch cameras to see if this helps, but I've had mixed results at other locations that have experienced a similar problem - same camera model(s) and firmware rev, too.

So...what gives? It's the weirdest thing...anyone else seen something like this with Exacq?

EDIT 5/10/2016: I've tried a factory reset on an NDN-498, and no luck. Still requires the same "fix" for lack of a better word.

Wondering if anyone has encountered something similar to the following with Bosch NDC-455 and NDN-498 cameras on Exacq. The Exacq site claims that with Bosch firmware rev 5.70 these cameras passed testing, and that is what our cameras are running.

We've had the Bosch cameras connected to Exacq for quite some time, a couple of years now. These cameras were originally on a BVMS deployment we had, but then we changed vendors. There appeared to be no problems, as the cameras were all online and features such as motion recording worked. Now, suddenly, SOME of the cameras remain in "Connecting" status on Exacq, but the cameras are all online - they can be pinged, and can be viewed on a Web browser. No configuration changes were made at all.

The only thing that seems to work to bring them back "online" according to Exacq, is to add in a second stream. The additional stream is connected and the camera view is there, but now there is less functionality, such as a lack of motion recording (expected). This causes the camera to need to be set in Free Run so it continuously records 24/7 and puts a burden on storage space.

Other than pulling in a second stream, I've tried to re-enter admin credentials, deleting the camera from Exacq and re-adding it, and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the camera, but with little success. My next course of action is to perform a factory reset on the Bosch cameras to see if this helps, but I've had mixed results at other locations that have experienced a similar problem - same camera model(s) and firmware rev, too.

So...what gives? It's the weirdest thing...anyone else seen something like this with Exacq?

EDIT 5/10/2016: I've tried a factory reset on an NDN-498, and no luck. Still requires the same "fix" for lack of a better word.

I have a few bosch cameras at various sites (running on exacq servers) and I can tell you this, the bosch cameras are slowly being phased out from our installs/setup. I am not a fan of the current bosch cameras and I had such a bad experience with the cameras that I don't want to use them anymore.

First, it was a grounding issue (according to the bosch rep). This is important to note because we designed the box with the camera electronics to only have a power outlet and PoE switch, each camera was going to plug into the PoE switch (I did not want injectors). Of course because of the grounding issues (known to bosch) I had to add some injectors.

Then it was a firmware issue (they had trouble connecting to exacq, sometimes they would connect and other times they would randomly drop offline). The weirdest issue was one site had 6 bosch cameras. I was told their firmware issue was fixed. We staged all of the equipment in our office, everything connected to exacq...no problems. We take the equipment to the site, start installing each camera one at a time...exacq kept showing 'connecting' and i was not pleased to see that. at the end of the day, the minute we plugged in the LAST camera, they all connected within seconds. I have no idea what caused that.

If your camera is on the compatibility list for exacq, it should work. Assuming you have active support, exacq should escalate the issue. I will say this, be 100% certain that all your connections are good. We had a duplex issue that presented itself about 1 year after everything was working great, it was process of elimination that got us to the camera that was causing issues and it was a machine made cable. Maybe some moisture got into the connector? Possibly a bad pin and the cables were moved/bumped that caused the issue.... not sure, we replaced the patch cable and everything came back online (many cameras were flopping connected/connecting, etc...it was very annoying).