high_voltage

MIC 7000 Can't Keep Focus

We are using a Bosch MIC7000 when we frame a few well lit buildings at night nothing stays in focus. Everything is blurry, no straight edges and the signs on the buildings are just a big blur. We tried the AUTOFOCUS, ONE PUSH and MANUAL and nothing helps. What could be the issue?

We are using a Bosch MIC7000 when we frame a few well lit buildings at night nothing stays in focus. Everything is blurry, no straight edges and the signs on the buildings are just a big blur. We tried the AUTOFOCUS, ONE PUSH and MANUAL and nothing helps. What could be the issue?

Hi how do you have the camera mounted ?

Standing up in it's "normal" position. What could cause the blurriness? It's too bad because except for this issue it's a pretty good camera.

Standing up in it's "normal" position. What could cause the blurriness? It's too bad because except for this issue it's a pretty good camera.

The mic 500 and 7000 are very good cameras in the uk there are seen in most city's as public space cameras.

But on install they must be secure ... As you have noticed they are heavy cameras so the need a good mounting

Are you on a pole ?

Very well built, robust and a nice design. Since we are only testing it before buying. It is setup on a flat surface outdoor with clamps to tie it down. You think that could be the issue? At night time it's more sensitive and it's slightly moving and causing the blurriness?

We tested an Axis and it was doing the same thing. The Axis was setup on a pole. But all those cameras should give a decent picture at night time? Comparable or above a regular camcorder?

We fit a large numbers of these cameras and have not experienced this issue.

I would suggest that you set up your network to allow remote access and get in contact with Bosch Technical support so they can talk a look.

Ilkie

I've sent Bosch some video samples. They told me to play with the white balance and try different ones!!!! It has nothing to do with WB at all. I've managed to get a decent picture at night by decreasing the saturation and playing with the exposure but unfortunately I don't think you can save those changes as presets. During the day we run everything on AUTO but at night I need to make those changes manually and they don't get saved.

What is that Starlight Technology? Any way to turn it off or on? Because that's what I'm getting in the video at night starlights and it makes the video look like out of focus.

I've sent Bosch some video samples. They told me to play with the white balance and try different ones!!!! It has nothing to do with WB at all. I've managed to get a decent picture at night by decreasing the saturation and playing with the exposure but unfortunately I don't think you can save those changes as presets. During the day we run everything on AUTO but at night I need to make those changes manually and they don't get saved.

What is that Starlight Technology? Any way to turn it off or on? Because that's what I'm getting in the video at night starlights and it makes the video look like out of focus.

Virtually every function is user programmable.

You can set a preset based on light sensor (switches to different config when the camera switches into mono).

All changes to the default set-up can be saved overall or as a preset if required

From the manual:-

"Configuration

The Configuration page is used to configure the unit and the application interface.

Making Changes

Each configuration screen shows the current settings. You can change the settings by entering

new values or by selecting a predefined value from a list field.

Not every page has a Set button. Changes to pages without a Set button are set immediately.

If a page does show a Set button, you must click the Set button for a change to take effect.

Notice!

Save each change with the associated Set button.

Clicking the Set button saves the settings only in the current field. Changes in any other fields

are ignored.

Some changes only take effect after the unit is rebooted. In this case, the Set button changes

to Set and Reboot.

1. Make the desired changes.

2. Click the Set and Reboot button. The camera reboots and the changed settings are

activated.

All settings are backed up in camera memory so they are not lost even if the power fails. The

exception is the time settings, which are lost after 1 hour without power if no central time

server is selected."

The Starlight function is a sensor type (and video processing software) purchased and as built on specific camera models, so I do not think this can be turned off.

We would need a lot more information about the existing configuration/set up, environment and operational requirement to help further.

If you want to continue to use this range of cameras and get the best you can out of the technology, I would suggest you ask Bosch for a training course. They are normally offered free of charge (at least they are in the UK).

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Thanks for the reply. Would the 1080 Dynamic give us a less blurry video in the dark? It seems that the Starlight cannot cope with high bright contrast mostly bright lights on black as all we get is that star light effects when we hit buildings with lots of lights. We don't need monochrome we are looking for a balanced colour picture where the black is black and lights don't blast the iris.