Sign in to follow this  
silentex

Extracting Video from Software

I apologize in advance is this is something that is asked often. I've searched the forums, but couldn't come up with anything that directed me.

I was given a video from someone. Unfortunately, that video is embedded in the DVR's proprietary software and I'm unable to do any enhancements, etc. I'm not sure as to what kind of DVR they have, but the player (when right clicked) says "Player for Backup DVR Data" and the file name came off the DVR as "RemoteApp.exe".

Most of the other DVR systems just have an export button somewhere, but if this one has it . . . I can't find it. The software itself has no labels or title bars . . .

Not a lot of info to go on . . . But, anyone have any good ideas?

Attach some screenshot of the software so someone here who had seen it before can advice you further.

Some system comes with separate export software and player. Check the CD for other application.

Otherwise worse come to worse, you can do a screen recording (which is not ideal as there'll be loss of quality).

After doing a little more research, turns out it is a Magic Lite Series purchased from Unix CCTV. I tried calling Unix and they were, of course, no help whatsoever. The manufacturer has no contact information, so I'm stuck at this point. I've tried EXE extractors and all kinds of different things, but no luck.