WR Jones

Can't view DVR from local or external net - had been working

I have been using an eyemax HX-04 for several years with no issues. I could view the cameras from PC and iPhone via internal DVR address or external PC address using i-Smart Viewer. Then it stopped working. My pc external address had changed. I hadn't looked at system in more than a year so thought this was the issue. But it doesn't seem like it should be. The port forwarding was going to the 80, 9091, 9092 as before. I can ping the DVR and the internal IP of PC from a phone app. But I don't know how to go beyond that to check the ports and how they are blocked. I tried reset of router and modem after I messed up TV wireless. I hoped this might fix DVR issue but no luck. Is there a tool that can be used to isolate the problem? The cameras are also hard wired to a TV so I can see they are working.

Thanks in advance for considering the problem

Update your apps to use the new changed external IP.

If you don't know, check it in your Router, or visit http://www.whatismyip.com or http://checkip.dyndns.com from a computer connected to the same network to see your current external IP.

If you had been on a static IP plan, your IP shouldn't change. Check with your ISP.

If you are on a dynamic IP plan, it's only by pure luck and the practice of your ISP that results in your IP remains unchange for such a long period.

Consider using a DDNS client (either on router or on your dvr) to keep track of your current external ip.

I did change the ip address in my phone app. The app is setup to use outside of home via internet ip or inside home via addr of the DVR. Both were working, neither work now. The DVR address did not change. From the phone app you only set the DVR addr and a port 9091 for local view or the internet address and a port 9091 for outside of home. It seems like the external address change should not affect my ability to connect locally with no local address changes but I'm either missing something (likely) or software is blocking port or maybe router went bad?

Using Net Analyzer app on iPhone if I check the DVR address ports I get port 80 open and all others blocked. So I can access the DVR just not the ports for viewing. If I check the local address of the PC I get netbios and microsoft ports open and all others blocked.

Could be your router configuration is wrong. You may have switch router to another one that uses a different subnet.

If that's the case, you'll need to reconfigure your DVR.

If you have a TV monitor, connect the monitor to it and see if there's any error msg.

Sometimes it could be the DVR or the HDD that's faulty.