t0mbop

SwannDVR dropping out after indeterminate time

Hi,

Father-in-law has a SwannDVR which I setup for him. He uses the app on his iPad and iPhone. All worked fine for the first couple of weeks then it was unavailable. I popped round and the CCTV was still up just not available to the outside world. I rebooted the router and away we went again. Then, after a while the same thing happened again. Rebooted the router and problem solved. This is where we are with it today.

There are no errors on the router as such, firewall is disabled. If it were a setting surely it wouldn't work at all? All I can tell you is that the router/internet connection is a variable IP address so each time it reboots we have a new IP, which doesn't really matter as we're using the SwannDVR DDNS for access. I don't think it's the CCTV as such more so the router but am confused why it just drops out. I rebooted the router last night and it's gone off already, so the time it takes seems indeterminate.

I haven't done any port forwarding on the device as it just "worked" without that.

Any tips?

Cheers

If you never do any configuration on the router, it's basically using UPNP or the manufacturer's cloud services.

From the problem you describe, the uPnp might not be stable.

You might want to try manual port forwarding.