Judy3311

Burglars! Need help in catching them!

Hopefully I am in the right area to ask this question. We are victims of repeated theft and damage by someone we know but cannot catch them. We have CCTV set up with all doors being covered but nothing shows up on the dvr even when we set it to run 24/7. We also have an alarm system (both wired radio as well as wireless for notifying alarm company). On occasions when we have been gone and returned to find things awry, neither the cameras nor the alarm company show any breaches. I've just talked with an 'expert' in surveillance monitoring who does this for his business. He said my efforts can be breached by anyone with some electronic smarts but I've been told the opposite by several others, police included, who say what is happening is impossible. Anyone with suggestions?

Hi. Your post is practically word for word of one that was posted a few months ago.

Before anyone can say what could be giving you the problem .. First you need to say what make your alarm system is - make of your CCTV. And did the same company install both

The alarm system is a hard wired service - Ademco? Honeywell? All but two doors are hard wired, those two have sensors. The CCTV is a Samsung 5080 I believe. The alarm was professionally installed, the CCTV installed by us with a fairly electronic-savvy husband. The alarm radio 'faulted' the first time the system was used and evidence of a break-in was obvious. The radio was tested by the maker and has not had a hiccup during weeks of testing. Motion sensors in all levels of the house.

DVR which is part of the Samsung system that we got. It is viewable via our phones and computer as well as on the DVR.