Sign in to follow this  
pbrise

Slow FPS on Hikvision in ipcamviewer

Hi Everyone,

I have very low FPS on my 3 DS-2CD3132F-IW Hikvision Cameras when using ipcamviewer or tinycam viewer over the internet. I have a variety of cameras on my system, and the other cameras have better FPS than my hikvisions. I have 2 VistaCam PT's and 1 Foscam FI8904W which are connected wirelessly and when I view them with tinycam, I get an average of 10 fps with both VistaCam's and 4 fps with my Foscam.

However, with my Hikvisions, I cannot get more than 1 fps. All 3 Hikvisions are wired to my PoE router, and if I view them internally on my network (using a web browser, by typing in ip address), the fps are great. Also, when I view them internally with iSpy, I get an average of 10 fps....which is ok.

How can I increase the fps on these 3 Hikvisions? Here is my configuration for my system and 1 of the Hikvision cameras (ip: 195.67.82.102, port range: 8800):

- I am using an Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Router, port forwarding for local ip: 195.67.82.102 is port range:8800, local port:80, protocol:TCP

- I am using a TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE 8-Port Giagbit PoE Unmanaged switch to connect my Hikvision cameras to my Asus RT-AC68U

- Settings for Hikvision Camera (195.67.82.102):

-Video/Audio

Stream type: Main Stream

Video type: Video Stream

Resolution: 1280*720p

Bitrate Type: Variable

Video Quality: lowest

Frame rate: 30

Max Bitrate: 256

Video Encoding: H.264

Profile: Main Profile

I Frame interval: 50

SVC: off

-Network/Port:

HTTP port: 80

RTSP port:554

HTTPS port:443

Server port: 8800

-Settings for ipcamviewer:

Make: Hikvision

Model: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-I

Host/IP: my Asus RT-AC68U's WAN IP

HTTP Port: 8800, Ch.# 1,2

User: admin

Pswd: xxxxxx

-Settings for tinycam:

Camera Vendor: Hikvision

Model: DS-2CD2012-I

Hostname/IP Address: my Asus RT-AC68U's WAN IP

Web Port number: 8800

Protocol: Snapshot (JPEG)

Username: admin

Password: xxxxxx

Is there anything that I am doing wrong here?

Try resetting everything to default and changes the FPS settings to automatic (if its available)

Hi Everyone,

I have very low FPS on my 3 DS-2CD3132F-IW Hikvision Cameras when using ipcamviewer or tinycam viewer over the internet. I have a variety of cameras on my system, and the other cameras have better FPS than my hikvisions. I have 2 VistaCam PT's and 1 Foscam FI8904W which are connected wirelessly and when I view them with tinycam, I get an average of 10 fps with both VistaCam's and 4 fps with my Foscam.

However, with my Hikvisions, I cannot get more than 1 fps. All 3 Hikvisions are wired to my PoE router, and if I view them internally on my network (using a web browser, by typing in ip address), the fps are great. Also, when I view them internally with iSpy, I get an average of 10 fps....which is ok.

How can I increase the fps on these 3 Hikvisions? Here is my configuration for my system and 1 of the Hikvision cameras (ip: 195.67.82.102, port range: 8800):

- I am using an Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Router, port forwarding for local ip: 195.67.82.102 is port range:8800, local port:80, protocol:TCP

- I am using a TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE 8-Port Giagbit PoE Unmanaged switch to connect my Hikvision cameras to my Asus RT-AC68U

- Settings for Hikvision Camera (195.67.82.102):

-Video/Audio

Stream type: Main Stream

Video type: Video Stream

Resolution: 1280*720p

Bitrate Type: Variable

Video Quality: lowest

Frame rate: 30

Max Bitrate: 256

Video Encoding: H.264

Profile: Main Profile

I Frame interval: 50

SVC: off

-Network/Port:

HTTP port: 80

RTSP port:554

HTTPS port:443

Server port: 8800

-Settings for ipcamviewer:

Make: Hikvision

Model: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-I

Host/IP: my Asus RT-AC68U's WAN IP

HTTP Port: 8800, Ch.# 1,2

User: admin

Pswd: xxxxxx

-Settings for tinycam:

Camera Vendor: Hikvision

Model: DS-2CD2012-I

Hostname/IP Address: my Asus RT-AC68U's WAN IP

Web Port number: 8800

Protocol: Snapshot (JPEG)

Username: admin

Password: xxxxxx

Is there anything that I am doing wrong here?