Sign in to follow this  
pipsaholic

Installing 4 PTZ Cameras

Hello,

I am new to this forum and CCTV in general. I am looking to set up 4 x PTZ IP Cameras at my home after gaining permission from ICO to install them to tackle anti social behaviour in my area.

I am considering making my own system do network video recorders without RS485 still be converted into RS485 through a usb adapter? If so, would that be for 1 PTZ camera?

Do you require a terminal block adapter to convert 1 x RS485 connector to 4 X PTZ cameras?

Thanks.

Hi. You are best using a NVR ... For there cost it works out better for you plus it is much easier to set up the tours and also to have controll with your smart devices

Do you need a terminal block to connect multiple PTZ on 1 NVR RS 485 slot?

Hi. You don't need rs485 on IP cameras it's data commands are over the network.

What software are you going to be using ?

Do you need a terminal block to connect multiple PTZ on 1 NVR RS 485 slot?

In IP Series PTZ you will not need to have RS485. you just need to power the camera and the data commands can be sent through the same network cable to the PTZ camera.

Thanks Ryan,

I was told i need a 60W PSU adapter that connects from the ethernet point of the cable into my NVR for PTZ camera movement I will need four of them if I want 4 PTZ cameras! Is their not a 4 port psu 60 w modem?

May just go for analogue after seeing people can view their cctv dvr system online doing port forwarding on their routers?