Sign in to follow this  
voip-ninja

Front door cam w/IR for front door alcove

All,

I'm looking to replace my now 4 year old Samsung SNV-5080R with something newer generation.

Camera is installed in a front door alcove, the exterior lights are timed to shut down at 10PM so the camera needs to provide its own illumination between 10PM and sunrise.

Samsung I am using now has integrated IR but it's not very good. The camera is also enormous and a bit of an eyesore.

Over the past couple of years I have replaced other cameras around the house with Axis P3364-VE & LVE cameras and think that they are amazing cameras if you can get a deal on them (I usually just try to scoop cheap ones on eBay). In particular the integrated IR on the LVE cameras is impressive as it doesn't require special gasket on the camera lens and has a really wide FOV if you are using it wide-angle.

However the P3364-LVE does not have 2 way audio and this is something I've debated adding to any new camera I put in, assuming I can get it to work with Milestone Xprotect client (we have Xprotect Essentials installed for recording and mobile apps).

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.