bill9000

first post here, need entry level security for home

Hi y'all,

my first post in this forum, hopefully I put this in the right spot!

needing some advice, I want a few cameras for my home, (driveway, backyard, front door, etc.) to be able to catch neighbor kids coming in my yard, or any other noteworthy event. and the goal is to be able to identify faces.

I tried a Samsumg Smartcam HD because of the remote push notification to my phone... which works, sort of...

it takes about 10 seconds to trigger the push notification, which then I have to open app (by clicking the notifrication) - then pick the camera, even though there;'s only one, then press live, then press record.... by the time I do that, what I needed to record is potentially gone.

So, therefore.... I am looking into DVR systems... and my budget currently will allow:

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-4-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-1TB-HDD%2c-4-1080p-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100237625.html

so, it says it can do push notifications... Just wondering if anyone knows, if the recording could ALSO be sent to cloud (only on motion events) just in case DVR was taken?

any other alternatives??? and I dont wish or need to use a TV, I want internet monitoring either from a computer and/or my iphone...

and I really would like recording to happen on motion events... and trigger a notification to my phone, and preferably be able to have that pic/video somewhere outside the home

any thoughts?

thanks in advance for any help!

It would be easier to send via FTP pictures of motion events.

But whole videos they could be very long and by the time they get the DVR maybe it wouldn't have uploaded...You could a false (useless-broken) DVR and put some cables to it, turn it on and hide the real one.

If you are using IP camera's you could use a network cable to put the DVR away from the cameras...as long as the cable is not so easy to track, they are gonna have to waste lots of time finding it.

You could use also a remote NVR via Wireless network.

Keep in mind there will be false alarm and false push notifications, like IR attracted insects at night

This could also help you out if you are so concerned about your DVR being stolen:

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/File/201433115208669.pdf

It would be easier to send via FTP pictures of motion events.

But whole videos they could be very long and by the time they get the DVR maybe it wouldn't have uploaded...You could a false (useless-broken) DVR and put some cables to it, turn it on and hide the real one.

If you are using IP camera's you could use a network cable to put the DVR away from the cameras...as long as the cable is not so easy to track, they are gonna have to waste lots of time finding it.

You could use also a remote NVR via Wireless network.

Keep in mind there will be false alarm and false push notifications, like IR attracted insects at night

This could also help you out if you are so concerned about your DVR being stolen:

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/File/201433115208669.pdf

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the reply.

I have a very good network throughout the house, I would love an NVR - and really only need a few cameras to start...

you mentioned that it could FTP pics, that would be awesome... (I have my own web servers and can easily make ftp account for this purpose!) - can you point me in the direction of the bare essentials I'd need to get that going, an NVR that could work wireless.... and cameras for it? like what brand, etc?

my only "requirement" is that it can notify my phone on motion detect, (and I could disarm it during times when I'm home maybe) -

and then the ability to automatically FTP pics from the motion event would be awesome!!!

thanks so much