bill9000

getting ready to buy and had a software question

Hi all, I'm getting ready to buy a NVR per some info/research I have done and gotten some answers on here

I want this one:

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-nvr-surveillance-system-with-4-full-1080p-hd-cameras/LNR84W-1-p

(I would ask lorex these questions, but their customer support is basically useless)

and my questions are in regard to the recording and options... such as... when it records motion, will it start the record a few seconds BEFORE the motion happens, so you can catch someone walking up for example?

and are there options for how LONG to record after the motion event occurs? example: front door cam... motion even triggers on them walking up and approaching door... but I want to be able to see AFTER they ring doorbell for example, if they were to look in the window or something... so I'd like the ability to choose HOW long to record after a motion event.

also somehow with the Flir cloud, or something... it appears the NVR can email me snapshot pics from motion events? how does that work, is it one pic... or a series? or do you get to pick how many pics are sent? or how does that work?

I have a good network, and I also have plenty of my own FTP servers, as I was told it can also FTP stuff? - just wondering about the options I have there.

Also, I am under the impression for the motion detection to push notify my phone, I can draw a box on the scene as to where to detect, so a tree branch moving doesn't trigger it, for example?

and can you do advanced scheduling, such as record everything from 12pm to 6pm - but then switch to record only motion events during the other hours?

also, if I were to record all the time, when the hard drive(s) get full, will it purge the oldest recording to make room for the new? and do a "rolling" overwrite?

thanks!

Hi. Yes that unit will do all that you have listed

Also you can set the pre and post recording. Another good and useful function it tag. This allows you to tick any part on the camera view and the NVR will show what happened in that space.

I.e. Say your bin is in view ..... Tag it and press playback and it will show only who has been around the bin

Or handy for dog fowlling...... Tag it and it shows the video and time.

Also that unit is compatable with all dahua software

Hi. Yes that unit will do all that you have listed

Also you can set the pre and post recording. Another good and useful function it tag. This allows you to tick any part on the camera view and the NVR will show what happened in that space.

I.e. Say your bin is in view ..... Tag it and press playback and it will show only who has been around the bin

Or handy for dog fowlling...... Tag it and it shows the video and time.

Also that unit is compatable with all dahua software

awesome thank you, it's looking like this unit will suit my needs well.

you mentioned post-recording, can it FTP videos after a motion event too? just curious? (I have plenty of FTP space as I am a web developer and have many servers of my own)

"dahua software" - hadn't heard of that... would that be something different than the software it comes with, and perhaps better? I am guessing?

"dahua software" - hadn't heard of that... would that be something different than the software it comes with, and perhaps better? I am guessing?

Flir units are made by dahua