Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joecam

Extending 24vAC from the PTZ camera power supply

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

I am installing a new IP PTZ camera that does not allow for POE. It has a power supply that puts out 24vAC and I extended the 24 volt side with like 16-18 gauge wire about 60 feet and the camera just makes noise like the motor is running, but I am not anything on the ethernet. When I take away the extension (just do it with the short wire on the bench it works fine). Is there an issue with extending a 24vAC line 60 more feet? Thanks.

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×