danbs16

What is best software for motion detection?

Hi peeps, I actually have a few questions here.

I am running a home CCTV system and I believe the DVR software/interface is called "sky cell". But I am having problems with this, mainly because of the motion detection and record region functions.

Although this is a home CCTV system I have it networked and am still able to view it remotely on my mobile phone using the correct app.

Even when I set motion detection to lowest sensitivity it still is extremely sensitive and picks up things that are not even visible to the naked eye.

Also the "record region" function appears to not be working correctly as no matter what region of the camera I ask it not to detect motion in it still detects motion in the entire view region of the camera which is very annoying as I am getting motion detection every few seconds.

So here are the questions,

1: Is it the hardware (cameras) or the software that is causing these sensitivity and record region issues.

2: Am I able to install new software on my DVR without buggering it up

3: If so then what software would you recommend that would at least help with the sensitivity and record region issues.

Many thanks in advance

Dan

This won't be good news for you, but:

1 - The motion detection is done by the DVR.

2 - Nope.

3 - If you want something different, you will have to change the DVR. You can keep using the same cameras.

Hi there thanks for your reply.

How is this done by the DVR I always thought the software was responsible for this as it is the software that processes the information gathered by the cameras?

If this is so then what would be a good DVR that has good quality motion detection?

Thanks again

And where is the software installed? On the DVR. So what do you have to do if you want to change the software? Change the DVR.

I am quite sure that you will get some recommendations, and most of them will tell you to go either Hikvision/Dahua, or any of their rebranded units.