Sign in to follow this  
byates2

Dark Camera Image

I just bought a QTH162-9DB-2 QSEE system and one problem the cameras are having is that it seems like they dont transition very well from low light levels to full sun. The image will darken and will stay that way until i either unplug the camera and switch to another power supply or unplug and plug back in. Here is the link to the system

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Q-SEE-HeritageHD-Series-Wired-16-CH-HD-2TB-Video-Surveillance-System-with-8-1080p-Bullet-Cameras-and-1-Pan-Tilt-720p-Camera-QTH162-9DB-2/206712620

In the picture the cameras are right next to eachother. The left image is good but the right is dark.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_2016-08-08-09-20-40.png.1c9b7612ffac21547aeb01003101edb3.png

Well, the difference is caused by the lights around or inside of the cameras, carefully check the outside lights around the two cameras. If all the surroundings are the same, the issue is inside in the camera. there are several infread LEDs around the lens, cover the LEDs with your hands to simulate the night version, check whether the LEDs are working.

I just bought a QTH162-9DB-2 QSEE system and one problem the cameras are having is that it seems like they dont transition very well from low light levels to full sun. The image will darken and will stay that way until i either unplug the camera and switch to another power supply or unplug and plug back in. Here is the link to the system

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Q-SEE-HeritageHD-Series-Wired-16-CH-HD-2TB-Video-Surveillance-System-with-8-1080p-Bullet-Cameras-and-1-Pan-Tilt-720p-Camera-QTH162-9DB-2/206712620

In the picture the cameras are right next to each other. The left image is good but the right is dark.

Any ideas?

I beg to differ. It is daytime, nothing to do with the led's. Just you have different shadows and installation points. In other words, to have the camera display correctly on the right, in the position it is in, Home Depot cameras wont do it. Go to a reputable dealer and get a WDR camera. It is meant to work in areas where there is bright light and dark areas mixed....... Laslty....it can be a faulty camera since it is the more "mass produced" and not industrial cameras. Here in our country we have learned to stay away from the bigger retail stores when it comes to CCTV, since they only chase money, not customer satisfaction (they don't need it).