Sign in to follow this  
scottmac

wanting to expand - 4 channel monitor came with 2 cameras

Hi,

hope this is in the right place and hoping someone can help me solve a small problem.

I have just bought another monitor and camera package to use as a basic, non-recording live-view baby/room monitor.

The package is commonly sold on Ebay and Aliexpress.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHz-Wireless-7-TFT-LCD-Video-Baby-Monitor-with-Night-vision-Remote-2-Camera-/221993769203?hash=item33afdc18f3:g:Qu4AAOSwPhdVEpiW

(sorry couldn't figure out how to make hyperlink...)

I bought the same one a couple of years ago, which has worked fine (except one of the cameras broke early on and stopped working). We made do with just the one camera. Now we have a second child to keep an eye on and want to add cameras to the system.

The monitor is 4 channel but all the packages on Ebay etc come with 1 or 2 cameras and advertise that more can be added.

I have searched Google and been unable to find any instructions on how to do it and I don't fancy my chances explaining and receiving instructions from the Chinese/Malaysian supplier due to language/translation difficulties.

So currently I have 2 cameras set to channel 1 and 1 camera set to channel 3.

But of course, the monitor can only display one of the 'channel 1' cameras at a time (whichever has the strongest signal when they're both on).

Can anyone tell me how (if?) I can reassign the cameras to a different monitor channel? There don't appear to be any settings on the monitor and each camera is a sealed unit...

Thanks in advance.

Scott Mac