kai_am_i

Parents put a CCTV in my room (Pretty sure that's illegal)

When I was three, my parents installed a CCTV in my room. They SAID it was for my safety, and I guess I can believe that; I mean, toddlers do sometimes fall out of their cribs at night, maybe — but I'm sixteen now, and they STILL haven't taken down the cameras. Actually, they've been upgrading them; this latest model allows my parents to check on what I'm up to from their phones.

Now it's not as if I do (or plan to do) weird things in my room. It just that, you know, a teenage guy like me kinda sorta likes to have some privacy once in a while. Sometimes I just want to be alone. Completely. Alone. And for some weird reason, I feel uncomfortable and very much not alone when with a SPY MACHINE in my room. Weird, right?

All satire aside, I really would like to get rid of this source of misery. I've tried talking to my parents, full-on begging them to take the camera down, but they insist it still needs to be there for "safety" reasons. Riiiight. "Safety". I've even gone so far as to change directly in front of the cam as much as possible, hoping that maybe the awkwardness of the situation will force them to take down the cams, but no such luck.

I need to tamper with the camera myself, it seems, and it has to be done discreetly. (Someone once told me I should paste dirty tape over the lens, but the problem with that is my parents will call a maintenance man, who will see the tape and know right away that I tampered with the cam... And then all I'll have at the end of the day is trouble. )

Please help me!

IMG-20160813-00208.thumb.jpg.1a9360338d1d2d6a02d5d4b93056a13d.jpg

Not much you can do besides talking to them. Their house, their rules. They can have a camera anywhere they want as long as you know it, unless there is some law in your country which specifically prohibits so.

When you do want that privacy, you might just put some tape on the lens on the camera, and remove it afterwards. Maybe they will get the idea.

When I was three, my parents installed a CCTV in my room. They SAID it was for my safety, and I guess I can believe that; I mean, toddlers do sometimes fall out of their cribs at night, maybe — but I'm sixteen now, and they STILL haven't taken down the cameras. Actually, they've been upgrading them; this latest model allows my parents to check on what I'm up to from their phones.

Now it's not as if I do (or plan to do) weird things in my room. It just that, you know, a teenage guy like me kinda sorta likes to have some privacy once in a while. Sometimes I just want to be alone. Completely. Alone. And for some weird reason, I feel uncomfortable and very much not alone when with a SPY MACHINE in my room. Weird, right?

All satire aside, I really would like to get rid of this source of misery. I've tried talking to my parents, full-on begging them to take the camera down, but they insist it still needs to be there for "safety" reasons. Riiiight. "Safety". I've even gone so far as to change directly in front of the cam as much as possible, hoping that maybe the awkwardness of the situation will force them to take down the cams, but no such luck.

I need to tamper with the camera myself, it seems, and it has to be done discreetly. (Someone once told me I should paste dirty tape over the lens, but the problem with that is my parents will call a maintenance man, who will see the tape and know right away that I tampered with the cam... And then all I'll have at the end of the day is trouble. )

Please help me!

Access the IP Camera or DVR from your LAPTOP OR PC.

choose same username and password which your parents use.

after login go to user accounts and de-select your camera no. from view access rights (like camera no.3)

after that the can not see your camera. when ever the call for cctv technical person. just enable for few time and do it again.

(i replied this answer JUST FOR YOUR PRIVACY TIME)

BUT YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER WANTS YOUR SAFETY DO NOT TAKE IT IN OTHER SENSE.

Thank You my Little Brother. God Bless You !!! Keep loving to your parents .

Guys,

I know your feeling.

I could tell you, this is dome camera, you could find similar model in Amazon or other online shops.

It would work normally only when it connect with electricity, have you get my point?

I hope, when you need, turn off the electricity button for only a while when you need to weird.

If you arenot in the bedroom or go out, hope you could turn on and let it work as usual.

From your parents, they are in a good start. You need to understand them.

If when there is any rob, force or other unwilling thing happened suddenly, how could they get the first protection?

Do you think so?

Have a nice day

Minson

From Shenzhen Anjia CCTV

there is very easy way

find the camera manual ,initial the camera

use your phone login the camera App

change the camera password

then your parents can not see the cameras video

try 3-4times

they will think the camera have some problem

they change it again again again,