ikwi

New system installation problems

I am installing a new system in my home which will consist of 8 analogue cameras. Each camera will be fed to a multiplexer and into a single cable. This is where my problems start, I want to combine the feed into a Sky cable to get it to the lower floor, the wall plate has a cable coming out of it and what looks like a BNC plug, I then want to separate the two signals. Now it gets a little complex I want to record the camera feeds on a computer which is in the study, this room has no T.V. outlet to it, and I have no desire running cables through the walls

Is this possible and if so how?

I am installing a new system in my home which will consist of 8 analogue cameras. Each camera will be fed to a multiplexer and into a single cable. This is where my problems start, I want to combine the feed into a Sky cable to get it to the lower floor, the wall plate has a cable coming out of it and what looks like a BNC plug, I then want to separate the two signals. Now it gets a little complex I want to record the camera feeds on a computer which is in the study, this room has no T.V. outlet to it, and I have no desire running cables through the walls

Is this possible and if so how?

Hi. First thing we need to do is bring you upto date.

Forget using multiplexer the industry does not use them any more.

It sounds like you are thinking about analog cameras again the industry is IP CVI or TVI

I can send you a link to a proper video presentation why IP cameras are a must in surveillance systems. You will be missing out a lot if you go for analog systems. And there isn't much of a price difference if you try some budget brands but at least you are guaranteed more features and a better experience.

Unfortunately analogue is what I have. What I am thinking of doing is taking the 8 cameras to a frequency shifting multiplexer and transmitting it with A.V. sender to a demux and recording it on a DVR. The camera or cameras will only record on motion detection.

Have you already purchased the cameras? It would be great if you could switch. The setup that you want, with analog cameras, will be very complex and will require splitters and a lot of cables. All of that will add up to as much as getting a system with network security cameras. Since you are getting a new system, I hope that you switch at the earliest.