Sign in to follow this  
marlam18

HELP - Can't conect TPLINK extender to NVR Hikvision DS-7104

Hello Everyone!

I'm new in cctv world, and i feel lost because i have a little but huge problem with 2 cameras from 8 meters from the NVR and the signal is so poor that produce lags in video an audio (video freeze and audio lost).

The NVR is Wifi - Hikvision DS-7104NI-SL/W and 4 cameras are Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-IW and the range extender is TPLINK TL-WA850RE

After 1 month of testing, i verify audio lost and video freezes in 2 cameras , so that I decided to buy a repeater TPLINK WA850RE because i used to expand the signal for other routers for domestic internet clients. Unfortunately I find myself stuck in the same place and let my explain the steps for my headache:

(First of all, I want to tell that all the IP addresses are fixed in cameras, and NVR DHCP is disabled, same for the expander. Each circuit component has no IP conflicts)

1) I connect the extender with the same SSID and hide the SSID NVR, then the cameras are connected to the NVR and not the extender.

2) I connect the extender with the same SSID and NVR, but do not hide the SSID of the NVR, then the cameras are connected to the NVR and not the expander.

3) I connect the extender with a new SSID and config 2 cameras (that have a worse signal from the NVR) to this new SSID, then the cameras are disconnected from the NVR and I can not make them connect even though the extension is repeating signal NVR. (after this change, is how the cameras is out of the network, because i lost the conection even conected to the extender via network cable and making ping to them)

I'm really lost and need your help....

Thank you very much for your time.

First check cameras' video streaming bitrates. WiFi's bandwidth sometimes falls very low in case of weak signal. Long ago I had similar experience with WiFi network using several repeaters and it couldn't manage more than two or three IP cameras with 800x600 resolution. Later I wired them all and everything worked fine. Try setting cameras' bitrates to very low value and see what's happening.