rory

Anyone hooked up a Ge Legend PTZ yet?

A colleague bought one for a client, we were trying to get it to work as is .. (without a probridge). No Luck, tried every available protocol, nothing. Basically it allows you to address it to other brand protocols. Also set up the PC software for each one as I did it .. correct baud rates, etc .. still nothing .. any ideas .. do I need the Probridge for this, as the CyberDome does ..?

Got video, just cant control it ..

Okay got assist from Ge on this, basically it works, just a switch setting issue. Switch 9 is the Pelco-D Protocol for anyone else trying it, the book has it as 6.

So its actually a very simple to install PTZ, and day night switchover is great, really good low light color also. It has an image flip feature, just have to get used to that. It means instead of rotating all around and back again, the image just flips to follow the subject.

Putting the camera inside the dome is just snapping it in, easily with 1 hand. taking it out to change protocol and camera ID settings, twist it like a millimetre and pull down, comes right out .. power and data connections (as well as the others) are push in with screw terminals, so you make your connections then just push them into their allotted slots.

Anyway, so got it working with an OEM Keyboard and the PC DVR software, just parralelled the pos+ and neg- transmit wires and thats it .. actually just spliced in the keyboard wire inline with the PC wire, just for testing inside the room.

So yep I answered my own question .. though personally not sure if Id choose this over a CyberDome .. A Colleague purchased it, was just helping.

Well I like it when you ask a question and than answer it yourself because you are still passing on the experience.