jamjar

DVR with FTP capability

Hi,

I recently purchased a DVR kit with 4 cameras that use BNC connectors, branded as Ankke / Sannce. Although the software has FTP server settings I have since learned from the suppliers tech support that the FTP upload feature doesn't work. This pretty much renders the kit as useless in my opinion when there is no facility to keep an off-site back-up.

I've contacted a few other suppliers (most seem to be Chinese based) and they have also said that the FTP is not supported so it seems that these all belong to the same family of boxes likely running the same firmware which is not fit for the job at hand.

Can anyone recommend a DVR that will enable me to upload recordings to my FTP server. I'm not looking for high-end top spec equipment to secure a high risk business, just some kit to keep an eye on the house when I'm not home.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

Resolution 1 : Axis camera ftp feature works with most ftp servers, you can use email if ftp do not works.

Resolution 2 : If you can obtain a snapshot from your existing DVR cameras by a simple http command. Then scripts can be done via a PC/ rasberry PI to obtain and upload the snapshot to your ftp server.