longhotsummer

Eneo CCTV System - What Do I Do?

Hello all,

I am a volunteer for a local Branch of a national charity in UK, located in 2 small, adjoining terraced houses in a city centre. I recently took on responsibility for our Eneo CCTV equipment. It comprises 4 cameras, 2 inside and 2 outdoors, together with a large box monitor (looks like CRT) and a white Hard Drive with a CD drawer. It all seems to work, in that 4 live streams appear on the monitor screen. One of the 4 camera feeds recently disappeared. I cold booted the HDD, which cured the problem.

I have looked all around the casing of the HDD and can't find a model number. There is no manual with the Eneo, no service contract, and the Volunteer that bought it - at least 5 years ago - has left. I have no information about it whatsoever.

I need to test it each month (ie, confirm it is recording) and today, I pressed its 'Play' button to receive an on-screen admin pop-up, requiring a password. I don't have a password.

Our little Branch would be very grateful if any of you could help me with the following questions:

1. How could I identify the model number? (I have searched Google Images, the Eneo website, and eBay UK and can't find a pic of the same model). If required, I could take pics when I am next in the Centre and upload here.

2. How could I get an Operation Manual? (I cynically suspect that if I contact Eneo, it will refer me to a local dealer, who will doubtless press for a service contract (we don't want one) and charge an arm and a leg for a hard copy manual).

3. How can I reset the password?

4. There are no obvious character keys on the HDD to enter a password. Do I plug a keyboard in via its USB socket, or is there another way to enter passwords?

I know I have asked a few questions and am new here. Like many charities, we rely purely on voluntary contributions and none of us are paid.

Thank you

Rummaging in the Eneo 'discontinued products' portion of the website, your DVR looks very like a DLR4B model

https://eneo-security.com/en/dlr4b-04-1-0tbd.html

manual is available at

https://eneo-security.com/media/assets/manual/205228_en_man.pdf

A pic of the rear might help.

That model has a factory reset switch on the back, last resort if you cannot find the passcode. The passcode is usually entered using the numbered buttons on the front panel.

^^^ Thank you very much for your kind reply. Here are 2 pics of the back of the unit. (I am a 40-miles round trip from the office and only go in once a week or so). Please kindly confirm if this helps identify it. Thank you again.

P1160729_01.JPG.d016acd8f5a287d4668cee1b625d067d.JPG

P1160728_01.JPG.b5c148247a93386a72bb0fd270ab4420.JPG

There is only one video output socket on the back. How feasible would it be for me to obtain a second monitor and a splitter/adaptor, and run 2 monitors from the one socket?

There is only one video output socket on the back. How feasible would it be for me to obtain a second monitor and a splitter/adaptor, and run 2 monitors from the one socket?

If you're planning on using the VGA port then it's not problem running two monitors but they will both display the same information.