kensplace

Just a long shot....

Dont suppose any one has any info on the plettac 830 camera (specifically the control protocol for it).

I have figured out the lens/power connections but dont have any software (just need protocol info, can write my own software).

Unfortunately when I emailed plettac (ages ago) they never bothered to reply, which is a shame, as many other manufacturers who I did contact with similar queries bent over backwards to help.. Guess plettac dont like the little guys...

Its a nice camera, which is supposably controllable via rs485 but I have zero clue as to what to send to it..... (when my rs485 converter finally arrives that is lol)

Any one anywhere got any ideas?

With the plettac Cameras you're right they do use RS485 but it's there own protocol, and they do sell software to programe the camera.

The reason plettac may not have answered is it's being going through some changes, in the UK it now has a new owner and a number of new staff.

I'm one of them, National Sales Manager,

You're right the plettac cameras are used in a number of large towns and cities, I use to work for plettac a number of years ago and then joined IFS (international Fiber Systems Europe Ltd) until GE bought it out, what a mess it became !

So I also know about fibre optic transmission, if I can help I will.

Regards

foptics

How much does the software cost? The camera only cost me 20 pounds second hand.........

Is the protocol top secret (i.e plettac is only interested in it's own pockets, not the industries growth or welfare) or is it open so someone can write there own software? Its not like its something that people will be clamouring over to buy, its a pretty small market for those cams.....

PS - sorry to be negative, but plettac aint exaclty got a good rep in my eyes *yet* - the only plus point is the cam is nice (but at the original price of it, it darn well should be.....)

Any info on the cam would be useful, cant understand why some manus hide info, and others dont.... The most popular products are the ones that have the most support.....

Ps - hope the new plettac brings out stuff like the old one did, that old cam was very good for its time )[probably still gives modern cams a run for their money)....

im used to work with plettac cameras and have a soft to emulate its protocol, please contact me because i need help with writing a new program if we can get its protocol..

I want to make a PIC-based dome control

P.D: Hi to all, im new here