Sign in to follow this  
Brewsky88

Why is my system constantly "Saving"

I went on the lower end for my system and got a Sannce because I figured even a cheap system was better than no system. With the rise in break ins in my area, I had to do something and the Sannce was about the only thing that fit my budget at the time. I set up motion detection zones and to only record for 120 seconds after motion stopped. I do not check the video as often as I should but do it every couple weeks or so. The last 3 times I've checked, as soon as I power on the TV, there is the white Sannce screen with "Saving Data..." at the bottom. The first time I let it sit for a few hours but nothing changed, so I rebooted it, I was still fiddling with stuff so I didn't even bother looking at the video, I just figured it was running low on memory and adjusted some timing and delays on the cameras to conserve hard drive space, as well as set it to overwrite when full. The second time it happened, I rebooted but everything looked normal, even the video of me coming home that day. Today it happened again and the only recordings that were on there were me leaving and coming home from work...the day after I last rebooted it. It is showing that it still has 700GB of available storage space (1TB hard drive). What is the deal?

Lesson: A cheap system is NOT better than no system...

You would be better off with a single IP camera with SD card that actually works. Check with them to see of there is a firmware upgrade but i wouldnt hold my breath...

Lesson: A cheap system is NOT better than no system...

You would be better off with a single IP camera with SD card that actually works. Check with them to see of there is a firmware upgrade but i wouldnt hold my breath...

Agreed.

Your security system should not be rushed or else it will hurt in the long run. What you are facing is probably a software issue and you should get help from your vendor/installer and ask them to help you out with the drivers.

I went with Sannce based upon the outweighing number of positive reviews, but after doing the install and getting the system up and running, I saw just how basic the interface was. I have not had a single issue with the cameras themselves, just the box. Do y'all think there would be any issue upgrading the box and then go for higher end cameras in the future? I'm not a total techie, but the only issue I can see would be the DVR being able to handle much higher quality video than the cameras can provide, which I'm ok with for now. When it does record, the video is pretty good during the day and decent enough at night to be able to read the license plate of my truck, which gets parked almost at the edge of the IR range of one camera. When I change out the cameras I will definitely go with CAT5 cable instead of the siamese coax mainly to eliminate a lot of bulk cable.

I went with Sannce based upon the outweighing number of positive reviews, but after doing the install and getting the system up and running, I saw just how basic the interface was. I have not had a single issue with the cameras themselves, just the box. Do y'all think there would be any issue upgrading the box and then go for higher end cameras in the future? I'm not a total techie, but the only issue I can see would be the DVR being able to handle much higher quality video than the cameras can provide, which I'm ok with for now. When it does record, the video is pretty good during the day and decent enough at night to be able to read the license plate of my truck, which gets parked almost at the edge of the IR range of one camera. When I change out the cameras I will definitely go with CAT5 cable instead of the siamese coax mainly to eliminate a lot of bulk cable.

The amazon reviews are fake....use fakespot.com

Upgrading the dvr will depend on the cameras/technology used...