neon

Camera addition problem

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the world of CCTV, although have long been interested.

A while ago I purchased a very basic system (Storage Options HOMEGUARD 2-Camera 4-Channel 1TB CCTV Kit). I would paste a link to the exact one, but Storage Options website is being rebuilt and the site I purchased it from no longer stocks it (it looks exactly the same as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-Options-HG4DIY1T-Homeguard-Camera/dp/B00LTXRNYI however I can neither confirm nor deny it is one and the same, as my one doesn't actually have a model number on it).

A few days ago I purchased two new cameras, as a local chain were selling all their analogue equipment at a discounted rate.

In this clearance I picked up two brand new "Sentient Pro 720p Varifocal Bullet Camera"'s (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-hd-720p-day-and-night-outdoor-varifocal-bullet-camera-a18tq).

I have run test after test and just cannot get any video output onto the DVR. The techie side of me thinks it is related to the fact that these cameras are 720p HD, but again I'm a techie, not an A/V expert.

I am sure the cameras work, as when they are plugged in and I cover the light sensor, you can see the IR's come on for night-vision.

If someone could confirm or deny whether my suspicions about the cameras being HD and the box not supporting it are true, that would be great.

If this is not the problem a nudge in the right direction, whether it be changing certain settings, or buying a new compatible DVR, would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I know I should have gone digital, but the first box was bought a couple of years ago and I currently am not in a financial situation to be able to pay out for an entire new digital system.

Any extra details that might be needed can be provided upon request.

Many thanks guys!

- John

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the world of CCTV, although have long been interested.

A while ago I purchased a very basic system (Storage Options HOMEGUARD 2-Camera 4-Channel 1TB CCTV Kit). I would paste a link to the exact one, but Storage Options website is being rebuilt and the site I purchased it from no longer stocks it (it looks exactly the same as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-Options-HG4DIY1T-Homeguard-Camera/dp/B00LTXRNYI however I can neither confirm nor deny it is one and the same, as my one doesn't actually have a model number on it).

A few days ago I purchased two new cameras, as a local chain were selling all their analogue equipment at a discounted rate.

In this clearance I picked up two brand new "Sentient Pro 720p Varifocal Bullet Camera"'s (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-hd-720p-day-and-night-outdoor-varifocal-bullet-camera-a18tq).

I have run test after test and just cannot get any video output onto the DVR. The techie side of me thinks it is related to the fact that these cameras are 720p HD, but again I'm a techie, not an A/V expert.

I am sure the cameras work, as when they are plugged in and I cover the light sensor, you can see the IR's come on for night-vision.

If someone could confirm or deny whether my suspicions about the cameras being HD and the box not supporting it are true, that would be great.

If this is not the problem a nudge in the right direction, whether it be changing certain settings, or buying a new compatible DVR, would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I know I should have gone digital, but the first box was bought a couple of years ago and I currently am not in a financial situation to be able to pay out for an entire new digital system.

Any extra details that might be needed can be provided upon request.

Many thanks guys!

- John

yes, your dvr does not support those cameras...

Best thing is to ditch the old DVR and buy a dahua CVI hybrid. They are not expensive.

Or rewire and use ip cameras with an NVR.