Mnementh13

Email problem

I am looking for some inspiration. I have a fairly basic DVR [blupont] and have managed to set it up as I need. However, the one thing that I am struggling with is the email notification side of things. As far as I am aware, the network side of things is fine as I use the Android app NVSIP to view my system whilst away from my house.

I wanted to use my Outlook.com email xxxx-xxxxx@outlook.com, but each time that I enter the details the system informs me that it is an illegal address! My belief is that it doesn't like the - in the address. I have used my gmail account which it accepts. I believe that I have set the DVR up to send an email when motion detection is activated - it records the video, but I am getting no email. I have attached a couple of images of the relevant settings.

Thanks

1186090978_Blupont2.jpg.7d1efd74f1efa9533ab82c5284a4b3e4.jpg

892081872_Blupont1.jpg.e5abfb55264bee025db988c9473b701d.jpg

Ok, you've set outbound settings (sender address), but you miss inbound (receiver) address. Set this and test. I suggest not to use email notification for motion detection, it will pile up your inbox sending an email for every motion detected.

Ok, you've set outbound settings (sender address), but you miss inbound (receiver) address. Set this and test. I suggest not to use email notification for motion detection, it will pile up your inbox sending an email for every motion detected.

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, aware of filling my in-box [if I get this working, but have a camera in a position that should have no movement].

I am unsure what the inbound address should be. Is this the same as the outbound?

Thanks

"Outbound" is sender's address and "inbound" is receiver's address (more than one are possible). Of course they can be the same, it's possible to email yourself and that's the situation you suggest, but I would rather make separate email account specially for this purpose so you can recognize message source more easily.