novicecctvguy

Lost all operating system on CCTV DVR

Hi All,

After a recent hard disk failure I have had to replace the HD in my CCTV DVR, but do not have any firmware/ disk images.

Is there any firmware/ operating system I can install to bring my DVR back to life?

I purchased the DVR from ebay and had a linux embedded operating system already installed.

There must be a standard CCTV Linux Embedded operating system I can install onto a hard disk.

Thanks,

Hi All,

After a recent hard disk failure I have had to replace the HD in my CCTV DVR, but do not have any firmware/ disk images.

Is there any firmware/ operating system I can install to bring my DVR back to life?

I purchased the DVR from ebay and had a linux embedded operating system already installed.

There must be a standard CCTV Linux Embedded operating system I can install onto a hard disk.

Thanks,

you dont have to install anything on the disk...its "embedded"...

Firmware is not installed on HDD, it's in flash memory. It looks that something shocked DVR and it lost its firmware.

Some brands have solution for your situation using TFTP server, but I don't expect you'll find it for some unbranded Chinese DVR. There is no standard Linux for DVR, you must get the right firmware and procedure, if existed.