annoyednow

QVIS Apollo CCTV interferring with wifi

I've had my QVIS Apollo CCTV system since about October 2014. It worked fine until April of this year when it started to interfere with the wifi in the house, to such ann extent that I can no longer now monitor it remotely as I haven't got it connected to the hub. Cameras are hard wired, so the box keeps filming as set up.

The set up is this - hard wired cameras, modem (BT) connects (usually, but not anymore as I mentioned previously) via a home plug up to the second part of the home plug up in the loft, connected to the box.

In April our wifi started intermittently going screwy. Sudden cries from the family of "have I turned the wifi off?". The wifi actually just stops being able to work and also no longer works with the cctv, so it's not as if its working for that and draining the signal - it just drops to about .5mb and so unusable. Lots of investigations and isolation of all sorts of equipment old and new around the house and finally discovered that

a) the home plugs are ok on their own as long as not plugged into the CCTV box

b) a different make of home plugs plugged into the CCTV box recreates the same problem

c) tried three different, albeit BT hubs and same thing happens

d) the problem has now got so bad that it's not just intermittent but doesn't come back on again

Does anyone have any ideas here? I just don't understand why it would work fine for 18 months and then all of a sudden this? Could it be a firmware update on the CCTV box that either has taken place and it's messed things up or that should have taken place that hasn't?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Just for completeness - I've uninstalled the box and installed a temporary new one and I don't get the drop outs. I brought the old DVR into the room where I have the router and plugged it in via ethernet cable (so direct rather than with home plugs) and powered it up in a socket nearby. The internet in the whole house cut out within 3 minutes of plugging the ethernet cable in. So the cctv is faulty - how I have no idea but it's failed within 18 months of install. Hopeless.

I'm trying out a QVIS Pioneer Quattro but it's just rubbish (either that or I've installed it incorrectly); it doesn't register motion when there is some and registers something when there isn't . Totally crap.

Just for completeness - I've uninstalled the box and installed a temporary new one and I don't get the drop outs. I brought the old DVR into the room where I have the router and plugged it in via ethernet cable (so direct rather than with home plugs) and powered it up in a socket nearby. The internet in the whole house cut out within 3 minutes of plugging the ethernet cable in. So the cctv is faulty - how I have no idea but it's failed within 18 months of install. Hopeless.

I'm trying out a QVIS Pioneer Quattro but it's just rubbish (either that or I've installed it incorrectly); it doesn't register motion when there is some and registers something when there isn't . Totally crap.

Hi where are you based .??

It takes a little learning but like any system motion detect is not accurate...... Are you using analog or MP cameras with it

Hi where are you based .??

It takes a little learning but like any system motion detect is not accurate...... Are you using analog or MP cameras with it

Based in Gloucestershire - do you know anyone down here who can help?

I've checked via PSS software (only a partial fix for viewing as it won't show live feed but WILL show events) - on PSS the event for the postman arriving did show up - for example that event didn't register on the Explorer app or on the Windows ip address log. So it's logging stuff. It was logging a whole heap of other stuff where I couldn't see any motion whatsoever though. All very odd. I'm really not sure how to set the thing up as terminology is so different from the Apollo cctv box. I'd got the hang of that one!