Sign in to follow this  
delboy

Remote viewing Iphone mobile / Email notification error

I am looking for some assistance.

I have just purchased a HIKVision dome WIFI camera with built in SD card. I only have the one camera so happy to save motion on SD card and access it via my laptop for live view and recording playback. I do this via the IP address of camera on internet explorer.

I have the camera working and recording but have had major issues trying to get live view on m mobile phone / tablet.

I have iVMS-4500 installed on my iphone this allows me to view live footage but as soon as I leave wifi at house and go outwith either on 3g or another Wifi, I cant get the camera to load. I have tried following a few tutorials about open router ports but not sure if I done it right an still not working.

When I try to log in to cam via browser on iphone the image will not load, I have a small icon as if you require an additional add on to run the video.

Last but not least, I can not seem to get email notification when a motion is detected, I have tried using my hotmail email and also set up a gmail one to try. Keep getting error on test.

If anyone could provide an idiots guide to solve any of the above issues I would be most grateful.

Thanks

D

The email notification could take you some messing around with especially with hikvision and gmail there was some stuff occurring recently with ssl and hikvision rolling out firmware to support tls. Not sure if your issue has anything to do with that also never setup notification directly in a camera but there is lots of information elsewhere for doing so.

As for remotely viewing the camera sounds make sure you have your port forwarding done in your router/routers to the camera and then when outside your network you want to use your external ip address not your internal one. Internal is normally like 192.168.1.101 external can be found in your router or with www.ipchicken.com under normal circumstances. Hope this helps.

My question is "Can you download liveview when using 3G or 4G when you aren't at your home? ".

If not, your mobile phone can't connect to camera.

I am wondering that does your camera has P2P function ?

Please answer my question first ,after that I will try to support you.

Thanks

I have been advised from seller that I can connect remotely to camera when out with my network. I can't access via mobile just now only when on my house wifi,

Not sure how to open port on sky hub router