Sign in to follow this  
Satguru

Unable to wirelessly connect to DS-2CD2432F-IW

Hi folks, I had my camera for well over a year and recently updated it to FW V5.4.0 build 160530. I was able to connect to it wirelessly, have notifications sent out through motion sensor and access my camera through iVMS-4500 all this time. However, about 1 week ago I noticed I was no longer able to access my camera at all. No matter what I tried, I could not log into it or view it on iVMS-4500 app.

Without much options I decided to do a factory reset to see if that would help and it did and I was able to quickly get my access back to my camera although most of the config I had done was gone. This did not matter to me since I felt it was a good point to review the new FW and see if anything changed and whether or not it was secure as I could make it. As I have been reconfiguring my camera, I ran into an issue where I am not able to make it connect wirelessly. I have signed into my network through the config screens and double checked the settings and it should work but when I disconnect my Ethernet cable, I get nothing and not able to connect wirelessly. I am out of ideas so any help is really appreciated.

FYI...I need the wireless to work since this camera will be in a location with no hardwire setup.

Regards,

Sat