Hi,

I have a tecton drax 17 duplex multiplexer and connected the GX400JK keyboard up. This goes via the 25 pin port on the multiplexer to the 9 pin port on the keyboard.

I have just brought a PTZ camera and need to no what the RS-485 wires needs to connect to the D-Sub connector to plug into the key board?

Thanks

Mark.

Im in the same boat with my old tecton kramplex multiplexer, cant find any pinout details for the keyboard port, if I ever figure it out I will post it in case its the same for the drax (But you obviously would test at your own risk in case its not....)

Good idea, just fired of a email, fingers crossed they email back.

Just a end user, so dont deal in quantity so some firms treat you worse than a pile of poo (cough plettac) but then again, some bend over backwards to help all customers, hoping tecton is one of them.

I cant recall if I emailed them a while ago or not, I think I have been put of contacting manufacturers by plettac/grundig who have completely ignored every single request for info I make. Hope tecton fares better

They got back, they dont support the kramplex anymore, but they could send a manual to print for me, but that would cost 50 uk pounds.. Gave it a miss, thats over double what I paid for the unit.

But at least they did offer to help!

50 SQUID .... thats outrageous!

Surely you don't need the whole manual, just the pin information?

I'll have a think if there's anywhere else you can get the info.

If so, I'll post back.

you paid $50 for a mux ..? or keyboard ? Man the decent keyboards cost like $700 new these days ..

I ended up selling the camera.

Same ere they wanted £40 for the manual i wanted. sod payin that. i rang tecton bout 10 times an bout twice i rang up they were well help full the other time they sed we cant help you.

Yes Rory, It was about 50 US dollars I guess, about 20 or 25 Uk pounds (including postage) for a 16 input multiplexer / multiview (4,8,16), zoom, freeze etc tecton kramplex, which supports loads of timelapse vcrs (not actually got a timelapse vcr, just record either single camera or quad, as needed, or record the plexed output on the pc).

Very solid well built unit, tad on the large side (looks like 2 or 3 U rack mount case, but not rackmount more VCR style. They probably cost a fortune years ago, but go for next to nothing on ebay these days..... Plus its built out of hundreds of old ttl chips, so when its of no use to me I can strip it down and get a gold mine of spare parts

Oh the mux .. yeah a decent mux new these days goes for around $1500+ 16 channel ..

Dome control is via a 15 wayconnector on the keyboard

pin4 = data- pin12=data+ pin 13=gnd

chris

Hi,

I have a tecton drax 17 duplex multiplexer and connected the GX400JK keyboard up. This goes via the 25 pin port on the multiplexer to the 9 pin port on the keyboard.

I have just brought a PTZ camera and need to no what the RS-485 wires needs to connect to the D-Sub connector to plug into the key board?

Thanks

Mark.