Sign in to follow this  
jmac28083

1st time IP Security Camera NVR Setup - Looking for answers

Hello. This is my first post on CCTV Forums.

I recently decided that I wanted to install a security camera system in my home (Cameras are external underneath roof overhang).

I've done what I feel like is a lot of research and have decided on the following products.

4x SavvyPixel IPC-HFW1320S 3MP Megapixel HD Network Mini IR Bullet Security IP Camera 3.6mm Lens

Item model number: LYSB01F6S0G0Y-ELECTRNCS

1x Dahua NVR4104-P NVR 4 Channel Smart Mini 1U 4 POE Network Video Recorder

Model #:NVR4104-P

4x StarTech N6PATCH50BK 50 ft. Cat 6 Black Snagless Cat6 UTP Patch Cable - ETL Verified

Model #:N6PATCH50BK

1x WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40PURX

Model #:WD40PURX

1x SAMSUNG S24D300H Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD/LED Monitor, 250 cd/m2 DCR Mega Infinity (1000:1), D-Sub, HDMI

Model #:WD40PURX

1x Rosewill RC-6-HDM-MM-BK-3 6 ft. Black High Speed HDMI Cable M-M

Model #:RC-6-HDM-MM-BK-3

Questions

#1.) I know that the cameras that I listed above come with weather protectors that screw together shielding the female ethernet port

attached to the camera and the male ethernet plug attached to the 50 ft ethernet cat6 cable from the elements. What I wonder is how

do I get them onto the ethernet plug attached to the 50 ft cat6 cable. The ethernet plug is too big to fit through the hole of the included

part. I've seen nvr/camera setups that are packed together have them already installed on the cable, but how do I do it. Do I have to

terminate the cable and slide it on and feed all of the cat6 innards back into the plug (That sounds really expertise heavy). If I do have

to do that to protect the plug and port from the elements, then can someone link a good tutorial? And what would be a good crimper?

#2.) Also are all of my parts compatiable with each other (especially the cameras and dvr)?

#3.) Have I forgotten any important components to the DVR IP Camera setup (minus hardware tools)

Thank you for all your effort and time.

Hi. Did you do your research on price or products ... What is your budget ?

First don't buy your system from Amazon ..... No support no warranty and on two of your items you have to pay for returns.

You pic a dahua NVR then a OEM camera ...... Again you might not get the firmware updates for both ..... Stick to same brand.

Your cat6 you listed is patch cat6 ...... Which is bad for CCTV.

Buy a reel of cat5 ..... That way you are not limited to camera placement