Howsie

Camera recomendations please

Hello all,

I'd like to start by complementing you on the quality of information and the friendliness of the site. It's refreshing!

I have purchased a GEOVISION GV800 card which I intend to use at home. I believe, from research and information I have found here that this will be more than enough for my requirements.

These are:

Front Door: A camera which will allow me to project the image, via the GV card to the TV's in the house as and when required.

Over Garage: A camera to monitor the drive and capture any movement within a fixed zone.

Rear of house: A camera mounted to the rear of the house, perhaps at roof height that will capture activity in the garden.

Close proximity rear: A camera which will allow me to monitor the rear kitchen and patio doors.

Ideally I'd like to utilise some tracking features of the card but I'm unclear as how to do this in the most efficient manner.

I'd like some suggestions on which cameras would be most appropriate and perhaps some constructive criticisms on my set up. Please bear in mind that I'm a complete novice!

Thanks!

There are so many different cameras out there. Just make sure if you don't have a lot of light at night to get a camera with good ir technology so that you can "see" in the dark. A nice bullet day/night ir camera will suit your needs very well. I am partial to the Nuvico line, but like I said, there are so many good cameras. A lot of members of the forum sell what you are looking for, so maybe they will chime in and point you in the right direction.

FAS is right...lots of cameras out there. Nuvico has a weatherproof day/night bullet with 12 infrared leds that has a 6mm lens that would probably fit most of your needs. http://www.nuvico.com/product_detail.asp?strCategoryCD=CC001&strModel=&prod_cd=NP0039&Page=4

Speco also sells a bullet cam in a set of motion detector lights for over the garage with a 3.6mm lens.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/default.asp?action=viewcat&catid=67

We've installed many of these with great results. This should give you some info on where to start looking. Good luck.