CSG

Samsung SHR-2162

Anyone try the Samsung DVR's, like the 2162? Well featured, priced right.

Comes with 750gb capacity, user changeable IDE HD's, supports dynamic IP, 120 fps, 16 channels, CDR. mpeg-4 format, remote playback & config.

Is Samsung Techwin and Samsung GVI 2 different companies? My guess is that the Techwins are more expensive units, but other than a nicer looking chassis what's the difference?

I recently priced the "new" GE dvrme-IIcx DVR's 16 channel Wavejet 1 TB vs. Dedicated Micros "new" DS2-16 1TB with NetVue, and was shocked that the GE DVR is like 30% more expensive!!. My supplier suggested the Samsung 2162 as a cost effective alternative.

Check out Sanyo if you want to save $$ and still have a decent product .. cant vouch for them but they have good reviews.

Yes 2 different Samsung Companies .. the Techwins IMO are better all around .. a couple of their products are the same, Techwin's box cameras typically are made in S Korea and the DVR used to be (may have changed) a Webgate Inc DVR .. same thing Hunt sells for cheaper . .. and also bosch has a custom version .. for more ..

The GE DVRMe Pros and Version 2's are much more $$ than the other versions .. not worth it IMO .. I'd just go with a StoreSafe .. or add an 'o' on the end

I've got the Samsung GVI 2162 setup and running. Not bad for the price, with 750gb capacity. Have it connected to 4 Sony day/nights box cams in housings.

The unit is easy to configure, the network interface is pretty straightforward, and tech support is very good. It even comes with built in dyndns support, but I haven't tried that yet as the linksys router already has that feature.