Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dan@gnnllc

Using a cable TAP to insert a modulated signal?

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a customer who wants a CATV channel inserted into their cable system for display on all down stream tvs.

 

The Time Warner cable trunk line comes into a closet and feeds through 2 taps, http://www.ncsind.com/products_details.aspx?mid=2&cid=28&sid=54&pid=118 as well down stream there is another tap which feeds additional tv runs.

 

My question is can I simply connect my modulator onto either the trunk or into one of the tap lines, in order to combine my channel?

 

I have used a reversed splitter as a combiner in past installations, but am unsure whether these taps can be used in a similar way.

 

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×