jack111

Geovision 800 dvr card dead fired ??

Running a geovison 800 card with a total of 100fps.

Been runing fine for a 18 months.

Recently just switched off the computer at the mains instead of shutting down windows now the geovision system does not work.

The computer and windows works fine but the minute I try to strat the geovision system the computer freezes and only restarting the computer gets it out of it.

I have done this many times before and nothing has happened.

Now I tried reinstalled geovision but the problems persists. I did a total new reinstall by deleting all geovision files including those in the windows directory.

And runing regseeker.

Now my fear is I may have fired my card by switching it off at the mains instead of shutting down windows but I have done this loads of times before and this has not happened.

So if anybody could help me i would be most grateful

How do i find out if my card is fired ?

Any solutions to bring it to life.

Any idea on warranty it is 18 months since purchase.

Thanks

Take the card out, put it back in .. see what happens, if it still does it, try another slot .. still does it uninstall all geo drivers and the software, delete the main geo folder .. delete the Geo*.ini files in windows directory ... then restart and see what happens ..

if you are unsure of the files let me know .

Well I checked the card on a different computer and it was working.

So what I thought was a through clean install was not !!!

And did a reinstall of windows xp and it is working now.

Amazed to find even after a reinstall of windows with me deleting the partition and doing a quick NTFS FORMAT the geovision asking if it could overwirte lots of windows files

Well back to normal. Thanks for your help.

Moral of the story

1] If you want to switch the computer off do it properly

2] Geovision cards are quiet sturdy so donot give up on them

Lol .. i pull the plug all the time ..

plus we have power outages every other day and I dont have a UPS .. its generally okay .. worst case scenerio ive had to use the DB Repair a couple times .. glad its back up though ..

Minor problem now but absolutely thrilled it is back up and runing these cards are really sturdy.

During the new install I was worried the card might not work thus decided to opt out of the add to start up stuff.

Now the card is working fine and I want to add it to the start up program list .

How do I do it. Reason being if I donot................ when my pc reboots it does not start up on its own and needs to be manually restarted.

thanks for all the help.

Must say this site is CCTV and related stuff heaven.

Click Start, all programs, navigate to the icon that starts the Geovision system, right click, select copy.

Then navigate to the startup folder under all programs (same as above), then right click on startup folder, then choose open all users. The folder will open and you can now choose to paste the shortcut you copied earlier into the folder.

Upon rebooting the computer (logging off/loggin on) Geovision will startup automatically.

Hope this helps.