rqdasilva

Please help w/ Geovision integration with POS SHARP UP-X500

Hi All,

I am a newbie in CCTV technology. I have purchased a GEOVISION 800 8/Cams DVR card and 7 Cameras from CCTV SPECIALTY. One of the dome cameras I will be monitoring one of the POS system which is a SHARP UP-X500 here is the link to the specs sheet http://www.sharpusa.com/files/pos_dow_UPX500ss.pdf.

If I understood crrectly, Geovision Data inserter will not support GUI POS.

If anybody here has done such installation or know how to do it, Please share with me.

Thanks

Roberto

Hi,

Had a quick look at the specs of that till > http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelDetailedSpecs/0,1161,1287-,00.html

I think it should work OK. I have setup similar till to that such as UNIWELL and GELLER, not SHARP ones though.

What you should ask the POS support people is the following:

Can you setup a receipt journal to be sent from one of the 3 RS232 ports?

- Basically a receipt journal is an ASCII feed sent from the till over a serial port, containing all POS information (Sales, Voids etc.)

What is the pinout of the RS232 port?

- If the till uses any sort of handshaking to make sure that a printer is on the end o the RS232 port, it will not get an answer from the GV Data Capture. You will need to make up a cable to self fulfill any handshake requests that are sent, i.e. hotwire the RTS (request to send) and CTS (clear to send) pins, and the DSR (data set ready) DTR (data terminal ready) pins.

If anyone reading this is a POS expert, I'm sorry if some of the information is wrong, but I've had to pick this up quickly!

Once you have this info you should be fine.

Hi,

Had a quick look at the specs of that till > http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelDetailedSpecs/0,1161,1287-,00.html

I think it should work OK. I have setup similar till to that such as UNIWELL and GELLER, not SHARP ones though.

What you should ask the POS support people is the following:

Can you setup a receipt journal to be sent from one of the 3 RS232 ports?

- Basically a receipt journal is an ASCII feed sent from the till over a serial port, containing all POS information (Sales, Voids etc.)

What is the pinout of the RS232 port?

- If the till uses any sort of handshaking to make sure that a printer is on the end o the RS232 port, it will not get an answer from the GV Data Capture. You will need to make up a cable to self fulfill any handshake requests that are sent, i.e. hotwire the RTS (request to send) and CTS (clear to send) pins, and the DSR (data set ready) DTR (data terminal ready) pins.

If anyone reading this is a POS expert, I'm sorry if some of the information is wrong, but I've had to pick this up quickly!

Once you have this info you should be fine.

Dos that mean I can use the Data inserter from Geovision?

If you can setup some sort of Receipt Journal to be outputted via ACCII text from one of the serial ports then you will be able to use the GV Data Capture.