barkercommunications

Hikvision Vs Digital Watchdog

We are looking at a new direction with manufacturers. I have experience with IC Realtime, Digital Watchdog, AXIS, Milestone and a few other companies. We have used IC Realtime a dozen times and I have been happy with their cameras but found a lot of glitches and issues with their NVR's. I like how they have a large quantity of cameras to choose from and a Tribrid DVR/NVR. However I think their products are over priced for what you get.

In the past year we have done a lot with Digital Watchdog. I like their NVR's and blackjack servers with spectrum software. However I have had a lot of issues with the dome cameras and IR bleeding causing spots on the domes. Very poor night vision. I like AXIS cameras however our customers are usually small businesses and need smaller pricing. Not a fan of the M series cameras and how they go out of focus with the fixed lens.

I have a meeting with a Hikvision rep and I have read plenty on the 40% China Government ownership. Not concerned so much on that as I am on the quality of the NVR's and cameras. I want to make sure I am giving my customers a good product at a good price. Has anyone combined Digital Watchdog NVR's with Hikvision? Anyone have experience with both companies? Thoughts on Hikvision other than the whole China thing.

Are you Trade? I wouldn't bother with HIK, everyone is flogging it and so many import cheap versions flooding the market

Dahua.....if you liked IC Realtime you will like Dahua, they make their equipment but IC Realtime put their version of SW on them

Where you located?