Sign in to follow this  
justsomeguy

Question for new AHD camera board

Hi all, new here and thought this may be the only place someone can answer my question I am wondering if anyone knows if an AHD board such as this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AHD-2-0-Megapixel-1080P-Board-Camera-Module-1-2-8-034-CMOS-NVP2441H-IMX322-Board-/272049855196

would be able to be set up to enter/exit night mode with the IR cut filter WITHOUT having any input from a CDS. Maybe by some means of the OSD setting? I know I have a dashcam that somehow manages it [Conbrov 6000] and I want to achieve this if possible without using a CDS. If there is no other way, are there any cameras anyone knows about that have this setup without having an IR board? I have a need for this as some cameras are behind glass with exterior illuminators. "

Thanks!!!

Most sensors that have OSD menus can be forced to always work in day or night mode. But if you buy just the sensor you will not even have an IR-Cut filter.

thanks Securame! I was just using this sensor as an example and I notice it did not come with lens or ir cut filter included.... I was just wondering if anyone knew ith there was a way for these guys to take feedback internally to be able to not need a photocell to control the ir cut filter.

I suppose I could buy one and find out but hey, $20 is $20 right!?

So I answered my own question and thought Id share for anyone else looking for this answer.

Yes, cameras that have "auto ICR and are accessible through an OSD can be set to be in day, night, or trigger the ICR filter via an external signal [cds/photocell on ir board] OR use the AUTO mode which switches the IRC when the AGC crosses a certain setting. There are also settings for delay. For my camera, the preset was for day>night was AGC 45 for example. I wanted it to hold out for a little while longer so I upped it to 60 and am happy.

Also on a side note I found that my four conductor wire running parallel are leaking signal enough to cause a slight rolling color bar when the other cams are not in night mode.