jisaac

How is it?

How is it that I am still not listed in Google's index?

http://www.arksurveillance.com

Can anone figure this one out for me?

You know what is strange I found out? If you go to msn search and type in the phrase "digital audio video recorder"; of all the pages on the internet mine comes up first. But you can type "arkansas surveillance security" right in googles search and get nothing! Frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is the Text i got from the URL ...

1) Arkansas Surveillance Security Providing Digital Video Camera Surveillance Systems
2) Arkansas Premier Choice For High Quality Digital Video Surveillance Systems
3) We Provide Only The High Quality
4) High Resolution
5) Most Advanced Systems Available
6) Each System That We Provide Is Custom Designed And Customized To Fit Each Application
7) Give Us A Call Today And Let Us Show You How We Are Arkansas Best In Advanced Digital Video Surveillance Applications
8) Retail Loss Statistics
9) Contact Us For
10) A Free Site Survey
11) Digital Video Surveillance Systems Integration Of Alarm Access Control Inventory Asset Protection And Tracking Multi Site Monitoring And Video System Management 24 7 Video Documentation Of Your Entire System
12) Lic E2005 0057
13) Arkansas Surveillance Security Secures The States Exclusive Rights On The Most Advanced Digital Audio Video Recorder On The Market Today
14) Not Only Does Is It The Only Dvr To Record In D1 Dvd Quality
15) It's Price Is More Affordable Than Ever
16) Proving To You The Best And Now More Affordable Digital Video Solution
17) Product Spotlight
18) Low Light Infrared
19) License Plate Capture
20) Perimeter Security
21) General
22) Activity
23) Asset Protection
24) Arkansas Premier Choice For High Quality Digital Video Surveillance Systems For: C Ommercial
25) I Ndustrial
26) R Etail
27) Government M Ilitary
28) Facial Recognition

Edited by Guest

does it not seem like google would pick that up? I mean in my access logs I can see that googles bots come through there atleast once a month. So its not like they have passed it up on accident. Plus I have manually submitted it.

From what i see .. see edited above, I was removing common words and single letters in the first one i did ... (someone asked for that) ..

Anyway, you have alot of font breaks inbetween words .. where they can be the same .. eg.

Military

No Description in the Meta Tags .. and need more meta tag headers ...

Also, add alt tags in all the images ... this will really help also .. in my case i stripped all images but google grabs any alt text for them also ..

Basically want to clean up the HTML and add in more relative text .. that should help ..

Also, google uses page rank and well alot of other stuff. But for sure get your link on as many other high ranking sites as possible .. download the google toolbar to use to find what is high ranking ... also, dont worry too much about google, as much as MSN .. which is the default search for Windows .. personally the majority of mine come from Yahoo and MSN.

Lastly .. use the links in the google results ..

for example .. there are only 3 sites that contain your sites URL, and no sites that actually link to your site .. also there are no other pages indexed inside your site ..

http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=www.arksurveillance.com

If I get the Text from another page you have linked from your home page ..

http://www.arksurveillance.com/statistics.html

This is all I get from it .. so you can see google isnt indexing the other pages for lack of content ..

1) Page Title
2) Customer References
3) Retail Loss Statistics

cameras.html

1) Cameras
2) CONTACT US
3) PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERAS
4) Bullet Cameras
5) CCD Cameras
6) Dome Cameras
7) Corner Mount Cameras
8) Pan Tilt Zoom Cameras
9) Network/IP Cameras

DVRs.html

1) Digital Audio Video Recorders
2) CONTACT US
3) High Quality H
4) 264 Digital Audio/Video Recorders
5) Pro Series
6) Flex Series
7) Arkansas Surveillance Security announces its newest and most advanced line of DVR's that on the market today
8) We are extremely confident in these cutting edge digital recorders
9) Our experience and knowledge in this industry has given us the ability to provide you with only the best high end digital video surveillance systems
10) Let us show you how doing business with us is the best choice for you and your business
11) If you would like more info on these two lines of

Installation is a little better .. though id use more CCTV than surveillance ..

last last one ..

these are the headers .. dont know if google has anything against yahoo ..

the response is normal otherwise ..

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:38:22 GMT
P3P: policyref="http://p3p.yahoo.com/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="CAO DSP COR CUR ADM DEV TAI PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi TELo OTPi OUR DELi SAMi OTRi UNRi PUBi IND PHY ONL UNI PUR FIN COM NAV INT DEM CNT STA POL HEA PRE GOV"
X-Host: p6w1.geo.re2.yahoo.com
X-INKT-URI: http://www.arksurveillance.com//index.html
X-INKT-SITE: http://www.arksurveillance.com
Last-Modified: Mon, 08 May 2006 11:53:17 GMT
ETag: "d27fa8-4e8b-445f312d"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 20577
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

I appreciate it. I have been working on a whole new design that does not have any product on the page. Where it will be only emphasing our services and solutions. Not talking about specific products. Also where I will have an extensive customer testimonials.

And you are indexed by Google. You page rank just seems to be very low. Some reasons your page rank isn't super high:

Content: You don't have alot of it. Google loves content. Google loves big blocks of text that have meaning. You have alot of pictures, but you don't use the alt tag to explain the images. By default Google ignores the images because it can't tell the differance between site images (like navagation bars) and actull images like the images you have. The Alt tag makes a differance there. By putting pictures into text, you increase your content, and in your case it would be dramatic.

Links: You don't have many outbound links or many incomming links. Google doesn't like dead end pages. People need to link to you. You need to link to people.